Elephant vs Rhino

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Elephant vs Rhino

Post by woodchip »

Interesting series of photo's. Never knew elephants attacked rhinos much less that the males raped female rhinos and then killed them:

http://www.viralworld.net/male-elephant ... ino-1-OB1D
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: Elephant vs Rhino

Post by sigma »

You are a supporter of the US Republican Party? )
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I don't reply to political questions in this section. The post is about 2 animals.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

WOW. Interesting and sad at the same time. Something I didn't know.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Didn't believe it until I saw it woodchip. Not something they'd show on National Geographic. Elephants can be crazy.

Here's something much cuter. Lion love fest. He gets smooched and smothered, but not eaten. :lol:

[youtube]Z8iU9y-_afE[/youtube]
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Hell if I know!

...wait...
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

I think this guy does not beat them to achieve obedience.
Nevertheless, it is very dangerous. We all know what happened with Steven Irwin. Although personally, I believe that it was the perfect death for him.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I suspect he raised them from cubs and set them free...much like Joy Adamson and Elsa the lioness

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Still, it's cool that a human can make friends with a bunch of wild predators.

Now THIS guy is an asswipe. I hope he's put out of business.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/07/ ... ecil-lion/
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

tunnelcat wrote:Still, it's cool that a human can make friends with a bunch of wild predators.
Remember when I posted about making friends with a wild raccoon. It was especially nice when she brought her young along and they would climb over me while she ate the cat food I fed them.

Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Yeah, supposedly he didn't realize what the Zimbabweans were doing. I'm a little disinclined to believe him since apparently it's not the first time he's been involved in illegal hunting.

Also, it amused me a little that the land-owner's first name was "Honest". Yep, you can't make these things up.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote:
tunnelcat wrote:Still, it's cool that a human can make friends with a bunch of wild predators.
Remember when I posted about making friends with a wild raccoon. It was especially nice when she brought her young along and they would climb over me while she ate the cat food I fed them.
AWWWW! That's cute. Don't remember that post though. Maybe I wasn't on the board then.
Yeah, supposedly he didn't realize what the Zimbabweans were doing. I'm a little disinclined to believe him since apparently it's not the first time he's been involved in illegal hunting.

Also, it amused me a little that the land-owner's first name was "Honest". Yep, you can't make these things up.
Yeah, I'm just suuuuuuure he didn't know about the stature of that lion. It had a very rare black mane, so there's not a lot of those lions running around to choose from. That's why he targeted it with a crossbow, so he would minimize the damage to the skin when killing it. He wanted his little stuffed trophy. What a shame and a waste. As it was, after he shot it with a crossbow, he had to track it for I think 40 hours so that his "guides" could finally finish it off with a gun. They even had to remove the park's tracking collar, an illegal act in itself. You'd think he'd go: "Uh oh. I make a big boo boo" when he saw that little item around the lion's neck. That guy is now officially the worst person on the planet, according to the internet. He's even had to close up his dentist practice because of the hate rants. Hope he thinks that lion skin was worth it. Better yet, I hope the Zimbabwe Park rangers confiscate it.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

tunnelcat wrote:They even had to remove the park's tracking collar, an illegal act in itself. You'd think he'd go: "Uh oh. I make a big boo boo" when he saw that little item around the lion's neck
From what I understand (I've only read fragmented accounts here and there), he actually did contact local authorities at that point -- up until then there was no indication that there was anything not legit about the hunt -- and that's when the investigation started. (But of course that could be misinformation. Yay internets!)
Izchak says: 'slow down. Think clearly.'
April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

It's a he said, he said issue. But since he's already lied about poaching a black bear in Wisconsin the past, there's little reason to believe he's being truthful all of a sudden now. My heart breaks. :roll:
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

TC, link for you:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6777&hilit=raccoon+whisperer

Somewhere I thought I posted pics

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Cool animals, but yeah, your post was before I registered.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Well, now I need a dose of insulin after looking at those pics. Just too cute! I like that their hand movements look so human too.

[youtube]-Z_D2IfpF3g[/youtube]