Attention, poll!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Attention, poll!

Post by sigma »

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Attention, poll!

Post by Tunnelcat »

From what I've played of the teaser, it's definitely Overload that wins. They're definitely getting a sale once they finish the game.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Otherwise I would not have helped them, as in the promotion of the game, and my money, despite the fact that until Overload I was a big fan of pirated versions and servers :wink:
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I'm glad you legitimately gave them your money, instead of pirating what they were creating. I also can't wait until the full game comes out, or at least the first level. I need to dust off my joysticks now. I'm a little out of practice. Plus, I need to modify my computer desk and chair to mount 2 joysticks. Using only one joystick is so restrictive. :mrgreen:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

All's well that changing for the better.
I would be happy to see you in multiplayer, TC :)
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I donated to kickstarter and one day will have the T-shirt to prove it. :D
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Well, for the Russians in fact it would be better to get a winter sheepskin coat with Overload logo :) I'm kidding, sometimes we have summer )

TC, I still have about 70% of pirated games and I still play on pirate servers. But in the case of Overload, I just melted :)
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I guess I'm too honest of a person. I've never stolen or pirated anything. If a person goes to the trouble of creating something, I think they should be paid for their hard work. Plus, stolen or pirated stuff can come loaded with computer viruses or malware.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

No, Cat, this habit of Russian to pirated games based on the old terrible shortage of supply of games in Russia and ignoring Western game makers in Russian localization. Therefore, it had to compensate, turned out a whole system of compensating for shortages. It's not because I'm bad. This is because of the contradictions of the West and Russia.

If you remember, recently from-for whims of the political elite of the United States were prohibited cards Visa in Russia. Later, they to think again, but it did not contribute to a passionate love for Western products, including games.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Only game I played out of that list is Overload.

For about five minutes.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

tunnelcat wrote:I guess I'm too honest of a person. I've never stolen or pirated anything. If a person goes to the trouble of creating something, I think they should be paid for their hard work. Plus, stolen or pirated stuff can come loaded with computer viruses or malware.
Game makers have themselves to blame. I don't buy any game that has the DMA restriction where you can only put it on 1 computer. I think some peeps go to pirated versions because of this.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

This happened (and probably still happens) to an extent in Australia/NZ as well, also in areas such as streaming movie services - these (usually US-based) companies are very slow to roll out legal services to smaller or less Western markets, which tends to result in those markets resorting to piracy a lot more often because the alternatives are scarce and also often unreasonably priced. The same issue occurs with individual titles, where they'll be released very late or not at all, and might cost substantially more than they do in the US, even if the average consumer in that market has much lower purchasing power.

It's better than it used to be due to things like Steam, iTunes, etc spreading out a bit - though there are probably still problems.

From what I understand a large part of the blame goes to the complexities of international trade agreements and intellectual property laws/treaties; they might be designed to protect people but they also can make it quite expensive to do business with other countries because everyone has different laws you need to follow.