post links to music sharing software here please

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Palzon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

post links to music sharing software here please

Post by Palzon »

kazaa being dead, i need a new source. links appreciated.

Edit by MD:

Do NOT post any links to Kazaa Lite (any edition), or links to sites that do link to it. The folks that run Kazaa are going after sites that link to it by sueing them into oblivion....and I don't think Sickone would like it very much to have a court document suddenly show up in his mailbox demanding mega bucks out of his pocket because someone posted a link to Kazaa Lite. Image I don't care if you mention it in your posts, but please do not link to it in any way.
Nitrofox125
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Nitrofox125 »

You should rephrase to "p2p software" to actually make this legal.

WinMX And Limewire (web addresses are easy to guess Image ) are good
Palzon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Palzon »

legal caveat noted. i wont break any laws, promise.
Phantasmagirl
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Phantasmagirl »

www.slsknet.org

The best.
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

There's nothing wrong with sharing music. It's sharing copyrighted music without permission that's the problem.

Edit to be useful:

http://www.winmx.com/
http://www.imesh-light.com/ (another fasttrak client, same network as kazaa I think)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnucleus (Gnutella)
http://www.dcplusplus.com/ (not really for music, but a good all-around file trading software package)
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Um... since when is Kazaa dead?

My KLite still works fine...
Palzon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Palzon »

well mine hasn't worked for weeks. but i just checked it and its working now. i still appreciate the new links.
Matrix
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Matrix »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Nitrofox125:
<b> You should rephrase to "p2p software" to actually make this legal.

WinMX And Limewire (web addresses are easy to guess Image ) are good</b></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dont think its illegal to say p2p software
it just means a program that sends data from one peer to another

what ppl trade on them is illegal, not the programs Image

thats y most forums let uses talk about p2p progs, just not what they share on them
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

I used to use WinMX (before switching to Kazaa Lite K++), but for some reason the number of people using it seemed to drop off, and I felt it was an inferior program to K++. But I guess I should try WinMX again, if people are moving away from Kazaa.
Poozilla
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Poozilla »

my Klite 2.1 is still loggin into abour 3.4-5 million + users at anytime of the day Image
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

http://www.edonkey2000.com

i use it all the time and no spyware at all, well as long as u uncheck the stuff in the setup
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

blubster

or you can use stream ripper and rip from online radio
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

i use k++ too, works good enough for me
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Matrix 1:
i dont think its illegal to say p2p software</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Re-read what Nitrofox posted Matrix. Posting "Post links to music sharing software" as a thread is all the mods need to shut this thread down as we all know. It hardly makes it "illegal" to post a thread name like this however, for the sake of being PC, a better choice would have been "Post links to p2p software", which is what he was trying to say.

We all know the programs themselves aren't breaking the law, but they are allowing those who use them to "share" stuff that break the law.

Doesn't matter anyways, those programs never really did it for me and as such have been removed from my computer for quite some time.
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Tyranny:
Posting "Post links to music sharing software" as a thread is all the mods need to shut this thread down as we all know.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll be the judge of that.
BAAL
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by BAAL »

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Bittorrent.
Gavotte
Catcher of the cliché
Catcher of the cliché

Post by Gavotte »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by BAAL:
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Bittorrent.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you kidding? Bittorrnet is very unsafe... stealing is stealing. Have you not heard of all the people that have gotten caught doing so while using Bittorrnet portals? The MPAA is swarming them.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

p++
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

BitTorrent, regardless of it unsuitability for illegal filesharing Image, is a very great program. It's a great way to distribute legal, legitimate files (unlike, say Kazaa, which will gladly provide you with thousands of virus-laden apps).
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Note: Sharing music is actually legal. Now before the RIAA fanboys start screaming "WHAT?! NO ITS NOT YOU DAMN THIEF!", pull your head out of your ass and read this entire post. Image See, sharing tunes is legal if it isn't copyrighted and/or if you have permission from the band/RIAA (which is why iTunes and the like is a legal alternative). Sharing any copyrighted material in any way is illegal, unless otherwise specified in the EULA is illegal. (This is why its actually legal to download Freespace2 online because its explicitly stated in the EULA that you can share it. Image)
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Palzon:
well mine hasn't worked for weeks. but i just checked it and its working now. i still appreciate the new links. </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Prolly cuz your ISP blocked the ports. Image You can specify which port you want to use. Image
Battlebot
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Battlebot »

its legal to download music or whatever.......but only Sharing the music that you download is the illegal thing.

so the RIAA cant get on your case if you only dl stuff but not share anything...
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

oops, my bad Image I've seen less get shut down more quickly but I think that was MD Image
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Battlebot:
<b> its legal to download music or whatever.......but only Sharing the music that you download is the illegal thing.

so the RIAA cant get on your case if you only dl stuff but not share anything...</b></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is SO not true. They just aren't going after downloaders because its harder to track them down.
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by BAAL:
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Bittorrent.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bittorrent works for dealing with large files with a limited amount of front side bandwidth in a short period of time. It doesn't work well at all for searching for music.
Palzon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Palzon »

found a good resource some may already know and others might appreciate...

http://www.slyck.com/index.php

Edit: I have checked the above link for links to Kazaa and cannot find any. I'll leave the link because it's extremely useful. Feel free to remove it if any inappropriate links are found at that location.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Just so you know Palz, that edit wasn't targetted at you specifically. That was just a general message to everyone in here.
Palzon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Palzon »

no problem at all. MY edit was just to show i'm paying attention and doing my best to police myself Image
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Palzon:
no problem at all. MY edit was just to show i'm paying attention and doing my best to police myself Image</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you better. Image *cracks whip*