Some nostalgia

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Some nostalgia

Post by Tricord »

Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Would be nice if the page loaded Image
DarkShadow
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkShadow »

Wow Long time no see. Image
Drakona
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Drakona »

Oh wow. I remember that. That was back when I was helping you work on your web page! I see a link to my lair there, too--under the hosted sites. Image
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Yeah... now Tnet is a searchwhore site. Image
Scorch
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Scorch »

wow, I remember Wolf's Bahagad Outbreak... that was fun. Whatever became of her anyway?
Sting_Ray
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Sting_Ray »

I talk to her like every day or so. She shied away from descent because she was sick of everyone playing abend instead of her stuff. She's got more talent than almost every other designer out there. I'll tell her you said hi.
Drakona
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Drakona »

Hehe... man, I remember you being way proud that that particular design for your site still looked okay at some obscene resolution like 300 x 240 or something. lol...

Man... and now I miss wolf, too. And all the places that are gone and will never exist again. Old IDL. Old DBB. Old Kali 682. Man. That was some special stuff. *sigh* Image
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

I don't know about you guys, but I've never seen this before.
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

Yeah, I never renewed the domain so it expired... Appearantly some harvesting company bought it and runs this crap link/ad/search site on it.

It all started six years ago, in 1998, when I signed up for website hosting. I first learned a lot about HTML, then after lots of effort I got something together that looked like the page above. It worked at the time, because people kept visiting and all was well.

However, most of all that is dead and gone now. Oh well, we all had fun but I can't keep doing this for the rest of my life Image

Instead, I made myself a <a href=http://e21.tricord.cjb.net>BMW Website</a> running Unified and Tetrad's excellent Descent3D page layout, which I have been recycling over two site projects of my own Image

I've been lurking on Kali now that I've found my serials backed up on a CD, trying to find someone for a game of D1 or D2. Alas, nobody seems to play any more there. Perhaps there's someone here who'd like a game of D2? It'd be just like in the old days Image
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

I'm up for that Tri. hit me up sometime on the weekends and it'll happen.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Same, just lemme know when.
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Skyalmian »

<font face="Arial" size="3">I'll tell her you said hi.</font>
Tell her I say Hi too.

-- Skyalmian
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Holy crap! The Elite Descent Builders ( EDB ) is on there!!

Too bad that page is gone... Image
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Scorch:
wow, I remember Wolf's Bahagad Outbreak... that was fun.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.dfiles.de/download/d2/missions/bahagad.zip

Gavotte
Catcher of the cliché
Catcher of the cliché

Post by Gavotte »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Topher:
<b> Holy crap! The Elite Descent Builders ( EDB ) is on there!!

Too bad that page is gone... Image</b></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know! Isn't that like a blast from the past? Image Back in the day when I was in the EDB... by the by, where in the heck is Deathwinger these days?
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

You were in the EDB? Under what nickname?
It's probably from after my EDB days, otherwise I'd remember Image
Vertigo
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo »

Most likely under the name "KodeKeeper" Image
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Wolf says "Hi" and says that if you liked Bahagad Outbreak to also try The Lost Levels, which is her much larger subsequent campaign.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

First time I saw that one.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Vertigo:
Most likely under the name "KodeKeeper" Image</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, at that time he went under "Igotyou". Wasn't that around the time where the PyroPimps blasted him for something he did on a quake forum? Image
Gavotte
Catcher of the cliché
Catcher of the cliché

Post by Gavotte »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Tricord:
<b> You were in the EDB? Under what nickname?
It's probably from after my EDB days, otherwise I'd remember Image</b></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tricord! Igotyou.. or.. I dunno. I don't know if you were making levels at the time... You posted on our message board you hosted about things... (I rembmer a funny post where you just learned what 'fvck' meant.. lol Image) Me and Sniper would fight all the time. I wasn't that good of a designers anyhow and Sniper just totaly made fun of my graphics.. I think I lasted 2-3 months before I exited. It's back when they took level requests... reeemember? Image
Sage
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sage »

I missed out on all of this stuff. I got D3 when it was already dead.
kufyit
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by kufyit »

I'll play D1 anytime.
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

I don't know, I was with the EDB when Sniper started it up to hone my own levelbuilding skills. Then, after realising I didn't have any, I left but kept hosting the site.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Tricord:
I don't know, I was with the EDB when Sniper started it up to hone my own levelbuilding skills. Then, after realising I didn't have any, I left but kept hosting the site.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe Image
Gavotte
Catcher of the cliché
Catcher of the cliché

Post by Gavotte »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by MD-2389:
Nah, at that time he went under "Igotyou". Wasn't that around the time where the PyroPimps blasted him for something he did on a quake forum? Image</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey! Hal and R2 did thier weekly rant thing on the show, and I was only a target because I was bashing hal over posting this stupid joke about his *ahem* 'balls'. And this was here in the cafe...

I mean, jeez MD.. you need to get it together, that thar post was full of errors. Image Heack naw.. I'd never play quack. Image

Tri, I hate to break it to ya... but... sinper never had any levels that were played by people for a reason! Sure, he had ideas... I like to say he was the V. Halcyon of his day. He made things happen through talented people such as Deathwinger, Lobber, even you Tri.. to name a few. By the by... people who don't know, EDB is the Extreme Builders of today that got mushed into whatever Halcyon does these days.

It does make me wonder what happned to people like Hammer, Lobber and what happend to the people who ran sites Valhalla Tower... We have a few that came back but most of those D2 devlopers are gone with the wind.
SolidAir
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by SolidAir »

thanks tri Image a good trip back. first website I ever worked on for descent. thanks for hooking me up. Image
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Is this the same pedophilistic Lobber I know from Kali? If so, thats where he be and has been since I've known him Image
Gavotte
Catcher of the cliché
Catcher of the cliché

Post by Gavotte »

Really, hangs out in Kali? Interesting!