Super bowl preview

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Super bowl preview

Post by Tetrad »

Personally I think Pepsi is winning over Coke at the moment. Their "get a free song over iTunes" deal is a really interesting campaign for both Pepsi and Apple's store. Their ad features one of the people that was caught sharing music saying something to the extent that they can "still download music for free" while holding out a Pepsi bottle. Apparently that's the "cool" thing with the kids nowadays.

Coming out of left field is the new Coca Cola Ultra. Supposedly this drink is sweetened using Splenda, and has around half the calories per serving vs. regular coke. Although I've also heard that it was more of an energy drink, trying to emulate Jolt with its higher caffeine content, but I don't think this is the likelier of the two rumors.

Then again I don't really care either way since I don't drink colas. I'm have to root for the home team: Dr. Pepper.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

I can't drink carbonated beverages anymore... Image Although it's probably better for me in the long run.
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

Dr. Pepper is by far the best. They have problems with their advertising, but their consistancy and taste will take this drink all the way.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Carbonated drinks suck!
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Testiculese:
Carbonated drinks suck!</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except for Guinness.
Pink Panther
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Pink Panther »

I personally can't stand Dr. Pepper.

Vanilla Coke, Root Beer, Cream Soda, Coke, Sprite.. now those are good drinks. Image

I usually go with water if it's that or Dr. Pepper.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Go Dr.Pepper! Image
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Vanilla coke? Ugh! Man, it's like drinking vanilla right from its brown glass container. Image

Then there was the lemon flavored cola. Pepsi's was nice. Coke's tasted like dish soap.

Dr. Pepper is one of the few drinks that I can stand that's not diet (Pepsi and Coke are just really too sweet for me...)
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

SURGE!!! god i cant stay away from that drink Image
rush298
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by rush298 »

Ummmm Dedman? Guiness uses Nitrogen for its fizz.......not Carbon Dioxide...hence not carbonated..but definitely better than the average soda. Image
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by rush298:
Ummmm Dedman? Guiness uses Nitrogen for its fizz.......not Carbon Dioxide...hence not carbonated..but definitely better than the average soda. Image</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok. Technically you are correct. But most people myself included, consider perhaps incorrectly it seems, any "fizzy" drink to be carbonated.

So let me ask you this. When I make my own wine the yeast metabolizes the sugar into alcohol and carbon dioxide right? This creates a slightly carbonated "fizzy" beverage . Why is beer any different? Is it nitrogenated after the fact, does the yeast used in the beer brewing process fart out nitrogen instead of CO2, or is nitrogen used to enhance the fizzyness?