WoW beta signups!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Phoenix Red
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

WoW beta signups!

Post by Phoenix Red »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Monday, January 26, 2004
At 6:00 pm PST on Wednesday, January 28th, the signup period for the World of Warcraft Beta Test will officially begin. We will provide a link to the beta-test application right here in the news section at that time. Testers are not going to be chosen on a first-come, first-served basis, so you will be able to submit an application and receive equal consideration anytime during the signup period, which will end on Wednesday, February 4th at 6:00 pm PST. Please note that multiple submissions from the same household will result in complete disqualification.
For this initial phase of the World of Warcraft beta test, we will only be able to accept applications from Canada, Korea, and the US. The test for Europe and other countries around the world will happen later this year. Please do not contact us for further information regarding the beta test; we will be posting a FAQ in the days ahead</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There you have it. I hope to be see'n yalls there!
Phoenix Red
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Phoenix Red »

3 hours people.

Wot, no one interested at all? Jmeat? Vertigo?
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Not willing to get hooked on a game that I'd have to pay an additional monthly fee to play normally!
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

Battle.net seems to be hammered at the moment.

I can understand why, but then again the beta signups are over the next week, and they are definitely not first-come first-served.

I'll probably check back in a few days and sign up.
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

Yea, i've been trying to sign up since i got home.

Their server got owned.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Work has been brutal to me, so not much free time. Although a quick check of battle.net reveals a page cannot be displayed error.
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

BTW, phoenix, are you automatically in the beta?
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

Its not first come first serve, and you have a week to sign up. Blizzard will choose people to ensure a fairly representive cross section of testers.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

They forked over Diablo II: LOD and I've never cared for WC other then WC3 singleplayer, haven't played TFT yet.

Battle.net got more from me playing Di2 then I thought it would ever get after the horrors of playing on it with Starcraft and Broodwar. I think blizzard can suck mah ballz Image
Phoenix Red
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Phoenix Red »

1) Yes their server was pwned. It's not first come first serve, but exctied nerds are excited nerds. It's working now, just got the sh!t kicked out of it's bandwidth.

2) Yes, I'm automatically in Image

3) Tyranny, WoW is a MMORPG (like everquest, shadowbane, dark age of camelot et al) and as such will not be on battle.net. I know you hate the new cows in 1.10, but baal runs are just as lame Image.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Hellcows in 1.10 aren't worth my time and they are hardly what ruined Di2 for me. Regardless of if WoW uses B.net or doesn't use B.net, it is irrelevant either way as WoW also hits onto one of my other major pet peeves, which is paying monthly for online multiplayer.
Scorch
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Scorch »

Pinko convinced me to sign up. They'll probably pick me only because I'm the only poor bloke stil using a GF2 card Image
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Signed up
Phoenix Red
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Phoenix Red »

Tyr I wouldn't even consider paying a fee for any game but an MMO. There's just infinitely more staff to pay and hardware to maintain with an MMO, the cost of keeping the game running requires a monthly fee.
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Scorch:
Pinko convinced me to sign up. They'll probably pick me only because I'm the only poor bloke stil using a GF2 card Image</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*eyes scorch suspiciously*

well, it appears i have some poor-bloke competition.

May the poorer bloke get into the beta... good luck