Weird thing that happened to you...

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

SuperSheep
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Weird thing that happened to you...

Post by SuperSheep »

I was in a hardware store today picking up some small items for my business. A 4 foot length of nylon reinforced hose for my home built electronic board steam cleaner, and 2 hose clamps.

Well, as the guy was cutting the hose and pricing it, I picked out two hose clamps. For some weird reason, I put them in my pocket, not to steal, rather just for easy carrying.

Well, guy comes back and asks if I got the hose clamps, so I grab them out of my pocket and tell him, "yep, got them right here in my pocket." We exchange meaningful looks and he shrugs and walks away.

So, I take the hose and the two hose clamps to the cashier making sure to not put the hose clamps in my pocket and lay everything down in front of her.

The hose was .79/ft and the hose clamps just so happened to be .79/ea. Well, she rings it up, I pay and as I'm walking out, I look at my receipt and see that she only charged me for the hose, not the clamps.

Weird :P
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Went to mcdonalds, ordered a #3 meal, $4.21, handed them a $20, pocketed the change, ate, went home, pulled the change out of my pocket... One $10, Two $5s, Three Quarters, Four Pennies.
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

lol

bought a pack of cigs came out ot be 6.66 0.o
went to roses to eat lunch came out to be 7.11 that after noon i found out i got hte job for 7-11's IT dep o.0
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

weird indeed....could be simple human error tho' since
the hose was priced the same and you bought how many feet of it?
of course, I do believe in karma as well so, basically I'd say you had it comin' :wink:
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Recently bought a pack of ciggies. $9.60.

Handed over a $10 bill, and got back $90.40 and my ciggies.

Best deal on cigarettes ever. :)
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Mobius wrote:Recently bought a pack of ciggies. $9.60.

Too bad that translates into like $3 Canadian, or a buck fifty in monopoly money.
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

I've never really understood how NZ money compares to USD's
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

De Rigueur wrote:I've never really understood how NZ money compares to USD's
You can't directly. Its possible, but it makes Math heads like Lothar and Drakona go insane just contemplating it.

Im thinking Mobius gave the cashier a $100 bill, and is just thinking himself clever.
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

what amazes me is the fact that he paid $9.oo for a pack of smokes!

and admitted to it :lol:
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

And you didn't tell the guy he gave you back too much money?
Krom wrote:Went to mcdonalds, ordered a #3 meal, $4.21, handed them a $20, pocketed the change, ate, went home, pulled the change out of my pocket... One $10, Two $5s, Three Quarters, Four Pennies.
Are you sure the extra $5 hadn't been in your pocket before?
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

Diedel wrote:
And you didn't tell the guy he gave you back too much money?

I was suprised as well, I could never sleep at night knowing that (already) poor individual was now prolly gonna have to give that money back outta his own paycheck and/or worse yet get terminated. I always correct clerks if they give too much/not enough change back. But thats just my FAMILY'S morals and ethics kicking in :wink:
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

I was raised the same way, but I never listened. When I was a kid (and well into my 20's), I would have laughed at that cashier. I couldn't begin to count the times I took advantage of a situation to my own gain, rather than return the extra change, or the found money etc. Over time, enough people (even strangers) have been merciful to me in the past that I've changed my ways, and now I strive to be a force for good. I would do it anyways, but hopefully I can build up some good karma in the process.

My story (although its not wierd):

After hurricane Wilma, we went a week w/o services, power or anything throughout pretty much the entire county (Broward). On Sunday, my GF and I went out because I had to go look at some hurricane damaged roofs. On the way, we saw an open Mickey D's... It was like a miracle of normalacy (cue trumpets!). The drive-thru line was out into the street and around the corner, so we went inside. There was a super long line. As we sat in line we got to chatting with nearby people. Anyhow, when we got to the front of the line, the staff announced that all transactions were "cash only". Being well-prepared (lucky) I had plenty of cash. But the lady behind us had some dimes and pennies... and a credit card.

So I gave her $5.00 so she could get her meal.

Isn't that wierd?
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

WarAdvocat wrote:I was raised the same way, but I never listened. When I was a kid (and well into my 20's), I would have laughed at that cashier. I couldn't begin to count the times I took advantage of a situation to my own gain, rather than return the extra change, or the found money etc. Over time, enough people (even strangers) have been merciful to me in the past that I've changed my ways, and now I strive to be a force for good. I would do it anyways, but hopefully I can build up some good karma in the process.
To be honest, my values did'nt fully kick in till I was about that age also. It seem's to have more to do with maturity and such.
WarAdvocate wrote:My story (although its not wierd):
After hurricane Wilma, we went a week w/o services, power or anything throughout pretty much the entire county (Broward). On Sunday, my GF and I went out because I had to go look at some hurricane damaged roofs. On the way, we saw an open Mickey D's... It was like a miracle of normalacy (cue trumpets!). The drive-thru line was out into the street and around the corner, so we went inside. There was a super long line. As we sat in line we got to chatting with nearby people. Anyhow, when we got to the front of the line, the staff announced that all transactions were "cash only". Being well-prepared (lucky) I had plenty of cash. But the lady behind us had some dimes and pennies... and a credit card.
So I gave her $5.00 so she could get her meal.
Isn't that wierd?
kudo's to you WA.... :)
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I appluad WarA and Will, both have good morals.

When I was 16, my mechanics teacher walked out of school and dropped his wallet with about $300 cash in it. I picked it up and without thinking ran out after him and gave it back. My stance is this, if I lost something, I'd like it returned in the same way I lost it.

Everytime someone gives me to mcuh change, I give it back unless I'm not paying attention and I just put the money in my pocket without looking.

Honesty pays off in the end.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

CDN_Merlin wrote:When I was 16, my mechanics teacher walked out of school and dropped his wallet with about $300 cash in it. I picked it up and without thinking ran out after him and gave it back.
:lol: how did you know how much cash was in it eh? EH?!
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

roid wrote::lol: how did you know how much cash was in it eh? EH?!
lmao...roid, you are one funny MF :lol:

and Merlin, thx for the compliment but I really believe what goes around comes around.

still laughin' @ roid :lol:
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

Am I the only one that wants to know what kind of cigs that Mobius smokes? I'm thinking either Newports or Kools....I found a girls wallet once, returned it to her, she took me out for a drink and then some booty. Other than that...I never get that lucky.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Roid, When you see 2 $100 bills and some $20s, you can estimate the amount. As I said, there was ABOUT $300.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Zur, he posted a pic of his desk once, and his cigs were sitting on it... called him out on the fact that it looked exactly like a pack of Newports. "They're Aussie ciggies" was his reply.

I still don't believe him. :P
TheCope
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheCope »

I only find money when I have money. When Iâ??m broke I tend to break cigarettes, spill beer, let food spoil and other wasteful behaviors.

Go me.
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

I just see Mobius looking at one of those ads and salivating. Smoke reds...die quicker...but with more flavor.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Wierdest thing that happens to me..

all my overtime pay goes to the government.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Zur, don't encourage me... I'm moving back up the Phillip Morris food chain. :(
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

This one time I missed a party only to later find out that my girlfriend got drunk and cheated on me.
That was last weekend.
The moral is, don't skip the opportunity to drink and fornicate.
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

Nobody likes quitters D. I got off the lucky strikes...smoke reds now. you just aren't a rocker unless you smoke (cigs and pot)
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

Beowulf wrote:This one time I missed a party only to later find out that my girlfriend got drunk and cheated on me.
That was last weekend.
The moral is, don't skip the opportunity to drink and fornicate.
ugh :( that really sux

and Ferno, WTH? why?
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

taxes.

duh.
Verran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Verran »

My wife and I were planning on going to the grocery store and started talking about getting lottery tickets (the jackpot was really, really, really high).

For the heck of it, we listed off some of our favorite numbers. I wrote them down and put it on my desk.

We had to do a few things before leaving, so when we left, we obviously forgot the paper with the numbers, and forgot to get the tickets.

Days after the drawing, I noticed the paper on my desk and decided to check the numbers...

...off by one.

will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

Ferno wrote:taxes.
duh.
hmmmm....well since ya put it that way
SuperSheep
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by SuperSheep »

Verran...That truly sucks. I had a chance at a million dollars once and blew it because I brain farted at the last minute. I feel your pain.

And peeps...It doesn't have to be money related weird things. I thought the experience I had was weird cause had I left the clamps in my pocket, I wouldn't have paid (at least not until I found out), and I wound up not paying anyway.
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

This is creepy weird to me. A few weeks ago I packed my suitcase and stayed at my sister's place to take care of her pets while she and her hubby took my cousin back to Louisiana.
While I was unpacking my clothes, I found a 19th-20th century-looking ring at the bottom of my suitcase. Never seen it before and it wasn't there in my suitcase. The suitcase was sitting on the middle of the bedroom so there's no way it could've fallen off a dresser and landed there.
I have asked my sisters, my parents, and my relatives (who were staying here due to Rita) if the ring belonged to one of them.

I never did find out who this ring belong to or where it came from. :oops: Even put it on my finger to see if it'd turn me invisible like the One Ring, but it didn't. Drats. :cry: :P
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

when i was 8-10 years old or so i wrote a simple security type program in BASIC - where you had to guess a 3 digit number.

i called out to my mother to try it and her first guess was correct. she beat 1000:1 odds!
will_kill
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by will_kill »

roid wrote:when i was 8-10 years old or so i wrote a simple security type program in BASIC - where you had to guess a 3 digit number.

i called out to my mother to try it and her first guess was correct. she beat 1000:1 odds!

father knows best, but momma knows all :)
Bad@sskow
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Bad@sskow »

When you fall asleep and sleep soundly, and wake up 1 minute before your alarm goes off... for an entire week straight. Probably not the craziest, but its what came to mind at the moment.
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Image »

Well this seems to happen every day, but my cat teleported. :oops:
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

Bad@sskow wrote:When you fall asleep and sleep soundly, and wake up 1 minute before your alarm goes off... for an entire week straight. Probably not the craziest, but its what came to mind at the moment.
That's because a person has an internal body clock, and if you were to practice, you could tell exactly when a brief period of time were to elapse just by mentally focusing on it.
D3Hack
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by D3Hack »

Image wrote:Well this seems to happen every day, but my cat teleported. :oops:
That happened to me once, too! :oops: He walked out of the room, and then a couple seconds later, he was in the chair right next to me! :oops:

One time, it was like some invisble person threw him off the chair and into the table! :!::?: :shock:
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

LOL d3hack
D3Hack
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by D3Hack »

Well, the second one was actually pretty freaky, but the first one? Oh yeah. :P
I saw him walk out of the room, then a couple seconds later, I happened to glance over @ the chair, and there he was and I was like "Uh... Hello? How'd you get there so fast? :?:" :lol:

One time, I saw a little rubber frog jump about 2in, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY EYES! :shock: :?
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

actually, it was the "omg who got angry and threw the cat off my chair?!" thing i was lolerskating at