How to create .wavs of d3 tracks?

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
ajr
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

How to create .wavs of d3 tracks?

Post by ajr »

Hello everybody,

I would like to burn all the D3 tracks to an audio CD. I have used hogview32 to pull out the .osf and .omf files, and I can open the .omf files in musictester.exe. However, when I test them, they stay on the same loop for too long, and it doesn't flow to the next section (region?) smoothly--there is a discernable \"pop\" between regions. How can I record high-quality .wav files of these songs, with the song moving forward into the next region automatically in a more timely manner, so that they sound more like the versions on PD (except .wav)? Any help is greatly appreciated.
ajr
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by ajr »

Just realized that the subject may be confusing. Let me clarify: I know how to record music as .wav; what I need to know is how to get the themes playing & transitioning smoothly so that the .wav will sound good. Clear as mud? ;)
Samuel Dravis
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Samuel Dravis »

I guess if there's just a pop between the sections, you could use Audacity to just delete the pop from your new wav...

btw, can you link those tools you're using? I'm interested in the music as well, particularly, tracks 5, 8+.
ajr
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by ajr »

Would that I could, Dravis, but the transitions are not silent. So I would be deleting music as well.

As for the tools, they are @
http://www.planetdescent.com/site/files ... opment.asp