DMB2 showing just a vertical line

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

DMB2 showing just a vertical line

Post by TechPro »

My DMB2 is just showing a straight vertical line instead of the default cube normally displayed at startup of DMB2.

Any body got an idea why this is happening?

If I load a level (as an example, level 8 from Descent 2) it's still just a vertical line.

My guess is that it has something to do with my widescreen view, because on my other computers ('traditional' square screens) it works just fine. Uninstalling and re-installing doesn't help.

... Yes, I know, I could use DLE-XP (and I do) but DMB2 does some things well (and I'm used to it).
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

For some reason I wonder if the matrix transformations are broken. It looks like everything got drawn, just in a line ...

Best guess I can give is a library/dll issue, but I'm really not certain at all. I've never seen this before.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

I've had this same prob with my laptop - widescreen.

Never did find a way to fix it - apart from using DLE-XP.

I've reformated my Laptop some time ago.
So, I'll have another look soon. ;)

:::EDIT:::
BTW - ummm why is this thread in the Dev forum?
Shouldn't it really be in the tech forum?
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

Ummm... it was my choice to put it here because I figured other DMB2 users might know the answer and editors and development is discussed here. Maybe Tech forum is a better place, I don't know.

I thought about library or dlls ... so I removed DMB2 and then deleted all related files and all the dlls I could find that were associated with it, then reinstalled. No luck. ... but that gives me an idea.

EDIT: Yup ... it's the widescreen for sure. I switched to 800x600 mode and then ran DMB2 and it came up perfectly. Tried it in 1024x768 and still came up perfect. Then switched to 1280x800 and DMB2 went vertial line. Then I tried setting \"Compatability Mode\" to \"Run in 640 x480 Screen Resolution\" but that didn't have any benefit/effect at all.

Wish I had a fix for that.