Descent PSX media to Desct PC version

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
Star Man Aevum
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Descent PSX media to Desct PC version

Post by Star Man Aevum »

(there is a Descentbb.net and a Descentbb.com. I did not realize the difference and thus this was first posted there)

I'm interested in getting a Descent video Let's Play thread started over at Something Awful (LP subforum) and I want to include the narrated briefings from the PSX version into the PC version. Is there a way I can edit the .HOG to insert the narration into the briefings and robot screens or will I just have to insert the narration in when I am editing the video?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Check THIS Thread as we just had this discussion. :)

welcome back btw!
Star Man Aevum
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Star Man Aevum »

So how do I add the audio narration from the PSX briefings into the PC game?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

which Descent and where at in the game?
Star Man Aevum
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Star Man Aevum »

Descent 1 PC

The PSX version included mission and robot briefings for every mission and robot in the game that were narrated. This one if for Level 1. Is it possible to put these into the HOG file for each relevant briefing so that they play in-game?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

hmm,

I've not added audio to D1 or D2 before so this is a bit out of the area of my \"expertise\".

My Guess is that it could be added to the HOG, but if you offer this up for others, you will need to denote it as a Mod. I love the audio. Gives it a cooler feel than reading pages of drivel with Dravis staring at you from the shadows. (It's ok to say that after 15 years ;))

If no one is able to give you any more info here, I recommend trying the Planet Descent Forums as there is still an active modding community there. (more or less) and you could try Descent.de-although most of them specialize in D3. Here are the links:

PlanetDescent.com

Descent 3.de (mostly German but will accommodate us poor english speaking folk ;))