Custom vertigo levlels crash the game

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Custom vertigo levlels crash the game

Post by Xfing »

With no error message, it just exits immediately when I choose the level from the menu, doesn't even allow me to choose the difficulty. This pertains to all the levels converted to "Vertigo" in dle-xp. When converted back to pure D2, they work again. I do have all the necessary files for Vertigo of course. Could the error stem from the editor?
Descent 1,5: Level layouts done: 52/54 Secret level layouts done: 1/6
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Re: Custom vertigo levlels crash the game

Post by Alter-Fox »

I'm not sure... I have the same problem unless I'm playing D2X-XL (which is built to handle it), but apparently custom Vertigo maps needed additional tweaking to be done in order to work because the game didn't support any Vertigo maps that weren't in the Vertigo mission or some such.

Probably best to try and contact someone who's actually made a working vertigo level (there are a few people who's levels were on Scorch's Den, etc...) and ask them how they did it. I don't think it's likely to be an editor problem -- it's more likely the editor just can't do every step for you.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: Custom vertigo levlels crash the game

Post by Xfing »

Well I think that the very same level used to work while being converted to "vertigo" a while ago... it stopped working after one editing session, when I added some cubes. Pretty weird, since the cube limit is still nowhere near max, I'm at about 400 cubes right now.
Descent 1,5: Level layouts done: 52/54 Secret level layouts done: 1/6