* FAQ    * Search  * Register * Login 
Active topics
Unanswered topics

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Reticles
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:47 pm 
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

So recently I finished the Wolf-GX, and as some of you know I'm utilizing all eight gunpoints. Unfortunately, that means the reticle is all messed up. By messed up I mean D3 looks for a few key files like _lguna, _rguna, and other ogfs that are specific to the firing points. Well, I thought I was being intelligent when I made filenames that matched the gunpoint designations, and that didn't do anything beneficial. I was hoping someone had information that could help me make it work. Probably I'm looking at some sort of a scripting mission, I'd imagine.

Thanks,
SW

Post subject: Re: Reticles
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:36 pm 
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

This damned thing... I took a look at all the reticle files for every default ship and I noticed something: I noticed that the Mag breaks from the norm and does not have pr13a, pr13b, pr24a, or pr24b. So, instead of having files such as pr0145a, I got clever and broke it down into pr0... pr1... pr2... Yeah, anyway the game is still laughing it's little binary ass off at me. :evil: I'm actually just thinking about putting a crosshair in the OOF for the cockpit and leaving it at that.

And for some reason, it keeps applying the Anti-Grav Failure HUD images to the reticle. :x

And suddenly I'm getting this sinking feeling in my stomach that a generic.dll edit may be required... >_<

Oh, wonderful... And pr0a, pr0b are automatically centered... Yay...