Wall Glitch

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
TSXMike
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Wall Glitch

Post by TSXMike »

Has anybody had this happen before?

One wall exhibits screwy characteristics. When I say 'wall,' I mean the kind you add/delete that appear as an 'x.' Anyway, if you try to delete the wall, the screwy stuff transfers to another wall or face somewhere else. I then tried deleting all walls, and it made a face somewhere register as a wall. When I say 'register,' I mean DLE acted like there was a wall there. The delete button was shaded over as if there was no wall there. One time, the delete button was not shaded over -- I clicked delete, and DLE crashed. It happened in v1.12.28 and earlier versions in the past.

Some other screwy things with this (all considered in DLE unless specified "in game")
1) a wall appears in DLE as an 'x' on some face, but DLE doesn't 'think' there's a wall there. Delete button is disabled like you selected a face w/o a wall.
2) One side of a door looks normal in DLE (there's a texture and 'x'), but the other side has no apparent door there still with the 'x.' In the wall tab, you cannot add a wall as if there is one already there.
3) A door that was previously added as, say, blastable, has one side that says a different wall type, like door. In game, you can blow it and and go through like normal, but you cannot get back out. However, you do not see a door there when trying to get back out. Weapons go through, but you cannot.
4) A door only has one side. When trying to add the other side, the controls (add button, etc) act like there is a wall there, i.e., you cannot add it. In game, there is one side to the door.
5) An open face appears like a trigger is there - white 'x' with arrow, but there is nothing there, and nothing was previously added. Deleting the whole segment makes it so you cannot even see the face (you can see through it) when its supposed to be a closed face. And the 'x' is there.

Just wondering if anybody has seen this glitch before. I do not remember what I did beforehand. I can work around it - even if I have to re-do the whole level because I didn't make that much yet, so it won't be a huge hassle. Just wondering if somebody knows how this happens.