Custom Enemy Robot idea

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
GCNMario
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Custom Enemy Robot idea

Post by GCNMario »

I'm wondering if someone were to create a enemy or boss robot for Descent 2 (or D3, whichever) that was big enough for your players ship to go inside it.

Examples could be a whale, dinosaur, or another floating ship.
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

off to descent development
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Theoretically, I think it could be possible to do this in Descent 3. The player can fly over and around the giant walker robot because I think it's actually comprised of several smaller robots.

I'm not sure you could do in Descent 2 because I suspect collision is a bounding box (or sphere, etc) around an entire object, rather than tied to the actual polygons.
GCNMario
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by GCNMario »

Okay, I would imagine that D2 would have some collision box area for all known enemies.

But D3. Hmmm, this would be very ineresting to find out since D3 has more features.

BTW, Sorry if this was wrong area. I didn't know where to post this as I didn't see anything releated to questions about these kind of questions.
Interceptor6
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Interceptor6 »

It is completely possible, and you don't need to make turrets/attached robots to do it. Just make sure 'never use big sphere' is checked in the object's GAM page. I'm not sure if that really matters though, since it worked for me either way. I don't think there are collision boxes/spheres for anything besides the player ship.