Trying to shake things up

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
Darkside Heartless
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Trying to shake things up

Post by Darkside Heartless »

How do I make a ship shake like when you shoot the MD? I thought it was recoil force, but that just sends you into reverse. Anyone?
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

DALLAS does have a function for ship shaking. Reactor Gamma used it in timed intervals when you're escaping from the mine. You can specify the intensity of the shaking (from mild to totally disorienting :D )
Darkside Heartless
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Darkside Heartless »

That's how to do it through D3Edit, I'm trying to make a weapon do it, and I thought there was a way to do it in gamtool, I may be mistaken though. :?:
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

so just how does an earthquake in a level effect something in mid-air that isn't touching any part of the shaking construct? lol
Interceptor6
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Interceptor6 »

To make the ship shake like the Mass Driver, it has to have the 'Zoom' flag checked in the .gam file page for the weapon. Unfortunately there is no other way to achieve that for a weapon without adding zoom.
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

I'm shaking to the left, to the right.

Just Kidding.

The shaking effect is cool!

I have a Question:
In the Inferno Mod, How did the creator of the Inferno Mod did the Vibration when the shaker hits something?
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

He probably set the Gravity Time to something like 1.0, and Gravity Size to .000001
Theftbot
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Theftbot »

there is shaking in the single player level on mercury with them stabilizers that was cool
Interceptor6
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Interceptor6 »

The shaker achieved the shake upon impact by setting gravity time and size to 0 with the gravity field flag checked.

And for the shaking in that level on Mercury, that was a simply a script.

Weapon objects can't really be controlled by dallas, so you have to go through the Gamtool.
yfmain
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Trying to shake things up

Post by yfmain »

Darkside Heartless wrote:How do I make a ship shake like when you shoot the MD? I thought it was recoil force, but that just sends you into reverse. Anyone?
what is this "recoil force" anyway, where i can define it when the ship collide with a object?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Dead thread.

It's the force that shoves your ship backwards when you fire the Mass Driver or Fusion.

I think that Dark was looking for where the script that regulated it.
yfmain
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by yfmain »

Thanks, Duper
i know how to shake the enviorment around the ship in dallas, there is a command for in misc
but do you know if i can define this recoil force in dallas, i hope the ship can do this whenever it collide a object or even wall.
yfmain
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by yfmain »

where can define a recoil force? i looked at the gamtools, but could not find it
Interceptor6
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Interceptor6 »

the 'Recoil information' or 'recoil force' is in the Weapon page in the GAM. just keep your eyes peeled and you can't miss it. :P

EDIT: bbut as for editing the ship's 'springlike effect' when hitting an object or wall, that isn't recoil force, it is the coefficient of restitution setting, which can be changed in the ship's GAM pgae. Careful though: setting this to a higher number can cause pure chaos. ( i tested it, and lets just say it was madness )

good luck.

-Int