Descent level viewer website

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
kixor
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Descent level viewer website

Post by kixor »

For Descent's 25th anniversary, I built a website level viewer. It only shows the levels from Pooterman's archive for now, but upload will come in a bit. In an effort to increase the code diversity for Descent tools, I've started on code to read Descent data formats. This viewer is based on that code, which I plan on releasing the source soon.

I'd appreciate any feedback. Have fun looking at some old Descent levels!

https://kixor.net/games/descent_levels
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Descent level viewer website

Post by Krom »

Okay, got a chance to look at this and its pretty cool.

Also it is kinda funny how far we have come in 25 years, you can now pretty much instantly load the geometry for a descent map off the internet and render it in a browser window at 240 FPS without even remotely breaking a sweat.
LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by LightWolf »

I think this year (and the end of last year, and probably a chunk of next year) will be pretty huge. In addition to this thing, we have a dedicated Descent developer Discord server (https://discord.gg/PR7Sft), a non-level editor in development (things like HAMs etc), a new source port (Chocolate), a C# engine rewrite in process, DLE 2.0 in progress, an entire .NET library being written around reading and writing Descent data, my randomizer...

Happy birthday Descent! Hope you like your presents! 'Cause there's plenty of good ones this time around.
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
worldoffood
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by worldoffood »

Aye, I'm late to the post but this is super cool! Even if it might be seen as a novelty without search or organizing features, it is really fun to just scroll through levels and check out the geometry. Way more efficient than DLE if you're running low on inspiration. Runs great for being in a browser too. Nice idea. 8)