A couple DLE bugs

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

A couple DLE bugs

Post by LightWolf »

Naturally most of these showed up after removing the old version from my taskbar...

- Shift doesn't always work
Specifically when attempting to drag-deselect stuff or using CTRL-SHIFT-INS to quick paste

- UI flash
Toned down from before, but still extremely annoying. Mainly happens when adding/removing segments or using S to switch sides. Causes the render to flash white (which is actually the UI bar at the bottom).

- Crashing
Specifically happens when you accidentally place a wall on a solid side with "use other side" selected.
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
TRUEpiiiicness
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: A couple DLE bugs

Post by TRUEpiiiicness »

I remember having a curve generator crash. I don't remember all the details but I accidentally selected the wrong side of the other cube so the result would be a 4d effect. Before I could click on the correct side dle crashed
Currently working on Descent: The Countdown Level 22 (Ogep'rgs) (Geometry)
Descent: The Countdown
Normal levels done 21/27
Secret levels done 2/3
Next level to be done: Level 23 (IO Sulphur Refinery)
The grand collection (Only after Descent: The Countdown)
??? ?/?
??? ?/?
Note
Any levels I make are free to use (even redesign) and include in any mission set. Just pm me if you going to do so.

Descent levels be like
Ah yes
Enslaved squares
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

What version was that? There was a nasty bug where you could select preview cubes from the generator which I fixed in 1.12.30.

Umm... on the flashing thing. Can we get a poll of who sees it, who doesn't, and
* what version of DLE
* what version of Windows
* what video card manufacturer, if you know (AMD, NVIDIA, Intel)
If there's a pattern it would make it much easier to fix. There might not be but it's worth a try.

If you notice what causes the Shift key to start malfunctioning that would be useful information but I haven't spent as long looking at it yet so might have a reasonable chance at isolating that still.
LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by LightWolf »

It seemed to start initially when the old DLE was removed from the taskbar (though that is likely a coincidence). All I have to do is launch an instance of DLE for it to have the bug. Either that or it's triggered upon loading a level.
I got the bug to work with camera movement once as well, but that only happened once.

I am referring to version 1.12.30 on Win10 using an Intel HD Graphics 520 chip.
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
TRUEpiiiicness
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by TRUEpiiiicness »

I am using 1.12.29 so you don't have to worry about it
Currently working on Descent: The Countdown Level 22 (Ogep'rgs) (Geometry)
Descent: The Countdown
Normal levels done 21/27
Secret levels done 2/3
Next level to be done: Level 23 (IO Sulphur Refinery)
The grand collection (Only after Descent: The Countdown)
??? ?/?
??? ?/?
Note
Any levels I make are free to use (even redesign) and include in any mission set. Just pm me if you going to do so.

Descent levels be like
Ah yes
Enslaved squares
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

OK, I get the drag-deselect one, it's slightly different from the other issue which seemed like a stuck key. That one is due to what feels like a design deficiency where there are certain states that won't transition to others. I'll probably need to rework input state transition since this is quite likely not the only one I've overlooked.

The insert wall crash was pretty easy to reproduce and will get a fix (thanks for the details too, that was one I'd seen once and then thought "huh? How did I get that to happen?" when I came back to it).

Not having much luck with the screen flash yet - even on a machine with integrated graphics I'm only getting sluggishness with the texture preview repaint. It's weird because I used to see that problem routinely...