Making a .d3m...

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
Black Widow
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Making a .d3m...

Post by Black Widow »

I'm trying to make a version of anarchy with modified weapons, and I've got about everything done, except I don't know how to put it in a .d3m. So I was wondering how to do that.
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Skyalmian »

*.d3m = *.hog file = *.mn3.
Black Widow
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Black Widow »

So I can just stuff all the files and the anarchy code thing in a .hog and renmae it to a .d3m?
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

No. Unless you changed the Anarchy source code and recompiled the DLL, your MOD is not a D3M. It's just a tablefile modification and is therefore not usable outside of a specific level or a MOD that deliberately loads your tablefile.

If you did alter the Anarchy source code and, you need to compile it using Visual C++ or some other C++ compiler on Windows (as well as preferably Linux), and put the string tables (*.str) and compiled .dll (and .so if compiled for Linux) files inside a HOG file and rename it to whatever.d3m. Your best bet in this case might be to just copy Anarchy.d3m and replace Anarchy.dll with whatever your DLL is, and change the name of the .d3m file to match. Of course, if you changed the name of the string table(s) and/or tablefiles your MOD loads then you have to update that as well.
Black Widow
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Black Widow »

Hmm since I don't have the slightest idea how to edit .dll I guess this mod ain't gonna happen :(
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

As I posted in the other thread, email me and I'll do it for you... or catch me in chat.
Black Widow
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Black Widow »

That'd be great :D
I still need to finish a few small things, I'll email you when I have it done.