a simple mine

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
Jadewolf
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

a simple mine

Post by Jadewolf »

how would I go about making a reactor that a player can destroy and would cause a door to open and win the level?
ive got my basic level but need to put a reactor in and trigger the door

Oh and ummm i made my custom terrain but i need to carve a hole in it so i can actually exit the mine to the outside
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

To "carve a hole", you click (control+click?) on an individual terrain cell and toggle it off in the terrain bar. Then you have to build your level geometry so that it covers up the hole completely, otherwise you have a leak into the void.
Jadewolf
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

oh

Post by Jadewolf »

That makes sense. You guys are great, thanks - alot! :P
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

The reactor thing is simple too; just add the reactor object (I believe there are 2 of them in the game) and script its death to unlock the door. If you want to open the door, you change its animation state.
Jadewolf
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

the terrain

Post by Jadewolf »

hmmm messing around with the terrain seems to hard when i break the single terrain cell it busts into mini cells argh! ill just make the ractor explode and the player fly to an exit that takes you to a cave problem solved i guess
Chris
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Chris »

Check your terrain setting in the options menu. It turns into smaller units because that's what they really are. You're only seeing the larger because D3Edit does that to run faster.

Do you have D3Edit A? It makes working with terrain a million times easier, if memory serves.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

DCrazy wrote:To "carve a hole", you click (control+click?) on an individual terrain cell and toggle it off in the terrain bar.
The actual button is "Toggle Vis." So, you select the cell on the terrain you want to "delete" and then press Toggle Vis on the Terrain Bar (Tr).