My tutorial site...

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
Robo
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

My tutorial site...

Post by Robo »

Anyone remember this?

I kinda left it for dead when a much more hectic lifestyle came along. Nothing much has happened there in over a year.

What I want to ask is does anyone want a tutorial in particular? Or think it would be a good idea to include a certain one? Even just general (constructive) opinions?

I'm in the mood :P
Liquid Fire
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Liquid Fire »

Post a tutorial about all the little things in descent that help speed things up, such as using verts to align rooms.

....I really could have used a tutorial like that when I was first messing with the program.
Jon the Great
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Jon the Great »

Your site has a very nice look and feel to it. (especially the tutorials :D)
I used to visit it often when I was struggling with the basics of D3edit. :)

If you're in the mood for making tutorials though, could you make one for adding an outside area to a level? That would be really cool.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Yup! Thanks for saving it! I'd really like to see the Tut's that were on GameEdit.com be resubmitted to you. I had a good deal Bkmk'd and now none of them work .. of course.

btw Robo. Thanks for this work of the basics. It got me started. Made life MUCH easier. :)

I have encountered some issues with bad faces, T-joints and bad shells with most DOORS. I found that after you attach it the first time, clean it up. Delete extra verts as there many. also do a verify room to check for shell integrity and T-joints. if you have to retro-fix a door, just blow away the portals and fixe the door's "Room shell" and re-attach via "joint exact faces.

and Jon ....
Jon the Great wrote: If you're in the mood for making tutorials though, could you make one for adding an outside area to a level? That would be really cool.
Try HERE
If ya need some help, PM me, I just did a level that refeshed my terrain skillz.

Kyouryuu's site has some great tutorials.

Didn't Birdseye had a scripting tut?
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

I'm actually really glad I wrote those tutorials. Not just for other people, but also merely to remind my senile self how to do things. :P
yfmain
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by yfmain »

Thanks to Robo, Good to see you here. I learned the basic from your site, it is really nice.
Thanks to Kyouryuu too, those tutorials are great. you guys are brilliant.
After reading in there a few months ago, i wrote an email to ask you a few questions, but neither of your emails appearing there worked. It is fine now, i got the answers finally.

I would suggest that we may collect all existing tutorials and place them togehter with somehow classified, it would much easier for ppl to use them. Sometimes i have questions but cannot find any answer, but after a few days i suddenly found that the answer has been some site for years.
Like here, descentBB, I spent around 6 weeks wondering where to learn before i got here. Donot laugh, i'm quite late really.
Robo
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Robo »

yfmain wrote: After reading in there a few months ago, i wrote an email to ask you a few questions, but neither of your emails appearing there worked. It is fine now, i got the answers finally.
So very sorry mate, had problems will all of those email accounts :roll: . Corrected it all now.

But thank you :)