questions for MOD

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
Punkware
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

questions for MOD

Post by Punkware »

hello,

What is this communities Favorite weapons? I am thinking about making a mod with new weapons. I want to know what old weapons to keep. What weapons do you like from other games? Try to be balanced and not rediculous.
I heard something about a redeemer missile from UT2004?
Do you want your weapons to be point and click, or customizable (meaning they have different modes, fast fire, slow powerful fire, etc.) ?
Do you like the simplicity Descent has, or would you want more customizable features?

What Ships do you all like? Are there any new ships/features that the overall community wants?

Well hurry up and start posting! :P
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Punkware wrote:Do you want your weapons to be point and click, or customizable (meaning they have different modes, fast fire, slow powerful fire, etc.) ?
That sounds cool. I'm playing a game called Chaser right now, and most weapons have either an alternate fire or a toggle for the primary fire. That kind of idea could be interesting in D3... maybe add some nice new depth to the gameplay.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Redeemer missile is like a guided mega missile. Vastly overpowered in Descent unless it's slow.

Personally, I'd prefer anything -but- point and click; games where you actually have to lead fire aren't common enough any more.