Custom door question.

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Custom door question.

Post by Duper »

I have a custom door for D3.

the animated file. object file and textures are all there. What do I do so that I can access it via the D3 editor to put it in the level?

It's in the game table and it shows in the list, but the model does not show up nor does it "place" in the editor.

Help?
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

Did you make sure the .oof had a "frontface" object? That's where the door is attached to the room you select. Also make sure that the rest of the shell has the "shell" property set. All this can be done via OOFedit.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

no clue.

Slowguy made them for me and I stripped the files out of the level he made me. This is the doors that is going in Total Chaos. There are a number of other custom objects like the D1 reactor. Man, it looks awesome!
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

anyone?
Slowguy
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Slowguy »

hey, i think i emailed you on how to put it in d3edit? did you ever get my email? maybe i forgot to send it :oops: lol. if you didn't get it, then i'll explain it here, or try to email you again.
Slowguy
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Slowguy »

oh! i remember what it was... you need to put the model, and model textures in d3's root directory for them to show up in d3edit. let me know if that helps!
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

hey yea, you did and so did I.. er.. yea.

Long story short. I was using atan's version of D3 Editor and it wasn't seeing it for some reason. When I used version 1.1 beta9 it worked fine. Point me in the right direction as far as pointing the editor to the misson hogs and table files selction and Mission Hog config. .. It's been too long .. since November .. (omg! and I thought I's have this done inside 3 weeks. o_0) and I lost some of that info in the move. .. emial files that I forgot to save or some such.
Slowguy
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Slowguy »

sent you a message :wink:
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

DUDE! You Rock! Thanks!And yea. I can see it in Atan's now. duno what I did. :roll:

Time to get busy!