Yet another DOOR question.

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Yet another DOOR question.

Post by Duper »

When I insert a door, how can I get it to "justify" to a given edge; rather than the center of the desired face?
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

Place the door, then before attaching, go to the room menu and select snap placed door. :)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Tried that. No good.

Normally you can snap a room and get the results you need. the problem with the door is that you don't know what current edge and current Vert it's recognizing. so what happens is the door snaps to some weird corner at an off angle. :P

hmm.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

I found I had to manually align them very carefully using the mouse movement until the two edges were right on top of one another (so they appeared as one edge).
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

yea.. that's what I;ve been doing. The bad part is that the face that I'm wanting to attach is on a bad angle to the grid. so I can't widen the face. .. which is a problem in this case. >:
I'm managing, but it's a slow go.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Yeah. There's a reason why most of Descent 3's levels are world aligned. It's much harder in D3Edit to build off the grid than in DMB2/DLE-XP where it's easy. One idea would be to construct that angled segment of the level as a seperate file, then just import the rooms as a group, attaching them to the angled face.