Different ships on every level or selection before one

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Different ships on every level or selection before one

Post by Pumo »

I have this question for D3.

How can i make that a level on a mission uses only a specific ship of the three available, or make all ships available before entering a level?

I'm making custom ships and want to know if i can use different ones on every level or select one of them before a level.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

If I remember correctly (and it's been a long while), you can't bring up the ship selector or grant new ships when you start level 1. The in-level scripting is what enables this for subsequent levels.
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

Ah, i see.

Well, then is time to start making those custom ships to make them available when advancing through the mission.

Thanks for the answer! :D
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

I have an idea...

If you're not planning on using the Pyro at anytime during the mission, all you have to do is have D3 cover up (so to speak) the Pyro with the GAM file of your custom ship. that way you don't have to enable any custom ships... you just won't have the option of using the GL anywher in your level(s). all you have to do is put the GAM file in your MN3 file and that should do it.

to cover it up all you have to do (as far as I know) is when you make the GAM page, title it \"Pyro-GL\".

Tell me how it works out!
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

I already had a new ship over the Pyro-Gl and works ver well! :) , but i want an option to substitute the Magnum and Phoenix as well, and have different choices for each level :wink: .

But i hope it will work if i use the method Kyoryuu says, about gain each ship as the mission goes on.