* FAQ    * Search  * Register * Login 
Active topics
Unanswered topics

All times are UTC-06:00



Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Descent Retirement Home
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:32 pm 
Offline
DBB Captain
DBB Captain
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 541
Location: Los Angeles, California, USA
Sorry to post twice, but I'm trying to get the attention of the Server-OP for Descent Retirement Home -- Veins. Hence the new title.

Seems there's a ban on people in my general IP address area. Mine's dynamic, but it's currently 69.234.180.214. I wonder if it can't be refined or lifted so I can play Veins with my buddies.

Any help appreciated. Related thread below.

BD

http://www.descentforum.net/ServerOps/v ... .php?t=269


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:00 pm 
Offline
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:01 am
Posts: 4381
Location: Corvallis OR, USA
Try to get his attention by sending him an email via the server ops board -- click


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:34 am 
Offline
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:01 am
Posts: 645
Website: http://www.Descentforum.DE
Location: Germany
x 2 @ Grendel's Idea...

I am trying to solve the problem with that server in another way. You'll hear from me again...

_________________
www.Descentforum.DE | www.Do-Clan.DE | www.Descentforum.NET | www.Descentforum.NET/ServerOps


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:27 am 
Offline
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:01 am
Posts: 645
Website: http://www.Descentforum.DE
Location: Germany
OK. I asked \"esa\" to host a Varicose Veins CTF and it is now up!

If it is really true that now SO many people got banned for no real reason (community interest - not operator interest) it would be good to just join another server...

These days we've got MANY more servers than we need, and we are not dependent on this one, so let's just join the D1.Descent.cx - Varicose Veins Guardian - CTF - 12 max. player - server and the problem is solved...

Dunno about you but from here (germany) the pings are very close to each other...

Vortex-Link: d3://64.238.111.11:2096

Thanks to esa!

_________________
www.Descentforum.DE | www.Do-Clan.DE | www.Descentforum.NET | www.Descentforum.NET/ServerOps


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:10 pm 
Offline
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:08 am
Posts: 1074
Location: Minnesota, USA
One of the good tings about the DRH was the fact that the number of Max. players woudl increase by itself. Yes I realize that the max # of players is limited to 18 or something at the absolut max, but the action can really heat up when both sides have 8+ guys. THen again there is a greater chance for clogging up areas when everybody decides they want a shot at the opposite team guy.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:43 pm 
Offline
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:01 am
Posts: 645
Website: http://www.Descentforum.DE
Location: Germany
vote here: http://www.descentbb.net/viewtopic.php?p=166326#166326

_________________
www.Descentforum.DE | www.Do-Clan.DE | www.Descentforum.NET | www.Descentforum.NET/ServerOps


Top
   
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:28 pm 
Offline
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:01 am
Posts: 4381
Location: Corvallis OR, USA
d3jake wrote:
One of the good tings about the DRH was the fact that the number of Max. players woudl increase by itself.

Nope. It would be increased by a server op playing at the time. I don't think it's good tho, since it's pretty much impossible to get the flag/score w/ more than 7 ppl on each team it basically becomes team anarchy.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:29 am 
Offline
DBB Captain
DBB Captain
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 541
Location: Los Angeles, California, USA
Grendel wrote:
Try to get his attention by sending him an email via the server ops board -- click


Thanks Grendel. I did send an email to the server/op that way, but wasn't sure I had the right op. Your email confirms it. Thanks for responding.

Thanks to everyone for suggestions. Do_Checkor, I guess my problem is that everyone tends to gravitate to DRH for some reason. Appreciate it, though.

I'll wait and see. If I hear from the OP I'll post up.

BD


Top
   
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:23 am 
Offline
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:31 pm
Posts: 4900
Location: Denver, Colorado, USA
Grendel wrote:
d3jake wrote:
One of the good tings about the DRH was the fact that the number of Max. players woudl increase by itself.

Nope. It would be increased by a server op playing at the time.


Either the main server op, or one of the players he's entrusted with access to adjust the max players setting. Usually, at least one of those guys is playing on any given night, so they'll bump it up upon request.

Grendel wrote:
I don't think it's good tho, since it's pretty much impossible to get the flag/score w/ more than 7 ppl on each team it basically becomes team anarchy.


"Pretty much impossible" <> "Absolutely impossible"

I've made quite a few scores with 8 or 9 on each side (it takes a lot of practice, good timing, a quick ship, good cover from teammates, and of course a bit of luck), and even one when there was 10 on each side (I'm still proud of that one).

In fact, I actually prefer it with over seven on each side. I'm not too good at defending, so I tend to play as flag-runner nearly all the time. This means my efficiency is often below 50%, but over the last few months I've learned some tricks that help keep me alive when I'm making my escape with the flag.

But, yeah, I understand your point. When there's more than about eight on each side, it's pretty tough to even get to the flag much of the time. Then again, that's the kind of challenge I enjoy. 8)


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC-06:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



Descent'rs have piloted these pages
 
The layout and contents contained within this site are © DescentBB.net 1997-2006.
Descent, Descent II are © Parallax Software Corporation.
Descent III is Outrage Entertainment.
Descent is a Trademark of Interplay Productions.

Miner Wars™ is trademark of Keen Software House s. r. o.
.


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group