Markus the anti-semite/pro-Hitler hate monger...

A place to deal with D3 servers, server issues, server listings, etc. Home Page

Moderators: Do_Checkor, Starken

What should be done about this anti-semite/pro-Hitler, \"Markus\"?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:54 pm

Who the hell cares?
50%
I am so new to Descent 3 online, that I must ask, \"Who is Markus?\"
No votes
Yes, I agree, Markus is nothing but aggravating beyond comprehension, do something about him.
19%
Markus is definitely anti-semitic, and yes, that does insult me, and others who actually have a concious, yet allow free speech... BAN HIM!
13%
Leave him, as free speech is so important to me that it outweighs the impact of this Markus' indecency, sickness, and disgraceful attitude, and the assault on the eyes and minds of our younger descent 3 constituency here... keep the sicko, we need more!!!
6%
What the hell is going on here? I just woke up damn it! Damn your eyes!
13%

Total votes: 16
Elysium
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Markus the anti-semite/pro-Hitler hate monger...

Post by Elysium »

Hello, I'm new here, but not at all new to descent (3). I'm currently known as One on D3... I would just like to say, HELLO THERE! Also, while I'm at it, I'd like to report a user/player, supposedly from Austria (but I believe it's Germany), who's name/username is Markus. During games, he consistently insults anyone who's an american, whether in the (german) servers, or most often, in OUR servers, US servers. The worst case of this nastiness from Markus, I screenshot (3), and would like to post that screenshot here, for future reference, and current evaluation. THis \"Markus\" is unusually unapologetic for these remarks, such as, verbatim, \"Americans should die\", and \"I HATE americans.\" Unfortunately there is no \"MUTE\" or \"Ignore\" button to ignore a player such as him while playing. So we must bear hearing his not only anti-american attitude, but if we say anything at all to him, he just immediately goes on the attack (unless the person is German/dutch), and lately, his angst has taken a very disturbing, \"anti-semitic\" thrust forward. Here is one screenshot, taken today (EST) 3-4PM. I tried speaking frankly and/or civilized with him for a short while, but he soon got on my nerves, as you can see he does others as well, and I lost my nerve, and insulted him, but not in the way he private messages me, you can see here...
Also, this one...

Unfortunately, I didn't get his constant badgering (not simple/acceptable \"taunting\"), but nasty, tasteless banter... What I did get in that second screenshot as you can see, is him private messaging me only, saying, \"I come back with Hitler\"... He is such an amazingly blatant anti-semite and just plain maniac. Please, if you could, if it's possible (?), ban him from every known server this side of saturn? He really is impossible to either comprehend, or shut up... even if you simply, plain tell him that you'd like him to just play, and basically stop... he won't, ever. Maybe if you stop for about 1 minute, he won't say anything. He likes to pinpoint specific people, then go nuts on them unrelenting, until either you are FORCED to leave by this miscreant (for the betterment of the game, but totally unfair of course to that player), or until he leaves, which he never does. SOmething must be done about him, something... some form of punishment. At least ban/kick him from US servers... This kind of anti-semite/pro-HITLER language/sentiments should NOT BE TOLERATED to any extent in today's day and age. Sure, opinions are acceptable by anyone, but that kind of opinion is just unacceptable, as it is just one thing, PURE and utter HATRED. Then he has the audacity as you can see in that second screen shot to tell me, that my screenshots are useless, because they are, according to him, \"Fake\". lol This guy's got to go as he upsets the fabric of so many games, again, 95% of them US servers. He caused about 5 people to leave that game who literally said (which I forgot to screenshot at that time, but will in the future) \"Thanks Markus, you ruined another good game, bye.\" Btw, Stugots, aka Schmoopy seemed to be the only one who semi-supported Markus, which made no sense at all... maybe it was that I beat Schmoopy in pyroglyphic just minutes before the veins game... who knows.

Thanks in advance, and again, HELLO THERE! :p Oh, and btw, if this is too rantish, I must say, my greatest appologies... I'll keep it shorter next time, it's just the very nature of this subject affects me greatly (as it really should anyone).
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Looks like Spawner to me. Proper place to post this would be the Serverops board BTW.

Since these kind of people thrieve on attention I would advise to ignore him -- except maybe killing him a LOT :)
ImageImage
Elysium
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Elysium »

Hello there Grendel! Thanks for the reply. I was trying to post this same subject/post over at the ServerOps board, but failed. Do I have to re-register there to be a part of that board or is it exclusive to serverops people? I do want to reach the most people with this subject as to see what can actually be done about him.

Also, I don't think it's Spawner, as I remember playing that moron, and though he also had an extremely bad attitude, he didn't have quite the skill that Markus has, not that Markus has much either ... in fact he pretty much sucks. Thanks for that thought though... maybe it is an improved Spawner. lol Ttys.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Markus has been around for a loooong time. I remember playing him as far back as 2002/3.
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Floyd »

Elysium wrote:Hello there Grendel! Thanks for the reply. I was trying to post this same subject/post over at the ServerOps board, but failed. Do I have to re-register there to be a part of that board or is it exclusive to serverops people? I do want to reach the most people with this subject as to see what can actually be done about him.
thanks for that report. see PM regarding your serverops account.

DCrazy: this must be another Markus, since he appeared only about 1.5 years ago.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Foil »

Grendel wrote:Proper place to post this would be the Serverops board BTW.
x2. There are ongoing discussions there among the active server-ops about such players (Markus and others are well-known for this type of behavior). We have a number of resources available to us; screenshots and personal accounts like this are certainly helpful.

BTW, gg in Veins the other day, One. 8)
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

I tell you what if we let people like this marcus run around we will regret it!

I can't think of anyone worse.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

People can seriously get offended by what someone says in a game when he's obviously just trying to rile them up?

Oh well. Takes all sorts.

If he's in game just kick his ass and be done with it... if not (probably the case) page a server admin and ignore him. (The original kind of ignore.)
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Re:

Post by KoolBear »

Sirius wrote:...

Oh well. Takes all sorts.

If he's in game just kick his ass and be done with it... if not (probably the case) page a server admin and ignore him. (The original kind of ignore.)

Not sure how to take that statement but trust me when I saw him he died.

I still say he adds absolutley nothing to the game and as such I bid him adios!
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Foil »

Sirius wrote:...he's obviously just trying to rile them up?
Yeah, that's the general "m.o." of players like this. Best solution is generally just to ignore them and kick the crap out of them, they eventually leave.

However, since this has gone on for a long time, it's certainly time for discussion on the ServerOps forum.