A place to deal with D3 servers, server issues, server listings, etc. Home Page
Moderators: Do_Checkor, Starken
- DBB Cadet
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:00 pm
I have noticed high cpu server usage on the file \"main.exe\" With no users, it is idling at 50% on a dual-core CPU. Any suggestions to bring this level down?
Thanks for everyone's time.
- DBB Database Master
- Posts: 15217
- Joined: Sun Nov 29, 1998 3:01 am
- Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?
Apply a reasonable framecap to your descent3 server startup command line variables, like 100-250 and it should improve.
- DBB Material Defender
- Posts: 4900
- Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:31 pm
- Location: Denver, Colorado, USA
Heck, framecap of 999 on my old PIII brings it down to under 1%.
- 3d Pro Master
- Posts: 4390
- Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:01 am
- Location: Corvallis OR, USA
A framecap of 0 will cause the server to eat all CPU time allocated to it (100%). Like Foil said, cap it to 999.