$13 Virtual Reality glove, that can play Descent.

Want to sell off that old video card for that new GeForce? Looking for a used Sidewinder? This is the place to buy, sell, trade and post about hot deals you find!
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

$13 Virtual Reality glove, that can play Descent.

Post by roid »

http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=P5

this is a cool gizmo i have one (and was happy to pay $120 US for it), and it's a no brainer at $13.
knock thyself out.

btw: since i last posted about this glove, there is now a simple Joystick emulator program for it (among other programs on my P5 community page). it was only a small bit of quick programming, but it can recognize 4 or so axis as joystick axis, and you can probabaly play around with the axis to button emulation to get it sliding in all axis as well. that's 6DOF baby.
the guy who made the emulator actually made it so he could play D3 ironicaly, it's a small world.

in otherwords, you can play Descent 3 with it in mousemode or joystick mode. i havn't tried joystick mode with it yet, coz i can't find my D3 cds.
Krags
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Krags »

Hmm... the folks at Lionhead made a Black and White patch specifically for this device... that could be interesting...
Mr. Perfect
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Mr. Perfect »

A glove that has a joystick emulator? I don't like where thats headed...

The light up keyboard is interesting though.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

yeah it's pretty cool, you grab the terrain and pull it towards you to move.
BitSpit
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by BitSpit »

Just ordered one of these a few minutes ago. CompGeeks had it on sale for $8.45 Couldn't resist at that price.