Saitek Evo and Mac OS 9.2.2

Want to sell off that old video card for that new GeForce? Looking for a used Sidewinder? This is the place to buy, sell, trade and post about hot deals you find!
Fusion
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Saitek Evo and Mac OS 9.2.2

Post by Fusion »

Ok u DBB Mac People,
I am interested in the Saitek Evo as a possible b/u for my freedom 2.4. Took my 2.4 to a Lan party, using a Loaner PC. Well, the 2.4 died on me,(fixed it at home with help from another 2.4 user) and some1 had a spare Evo, so I used it, and liked it.(Had to flip the handrest upside down for my hand to be close enuf to the hat) Saitek's website says it will work w/ OS 9, but because it doesn't say so on the box, I am cautious to purchase w/o more hard evidence.
Can any1 help?
Fusion
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

Step #1

Check the site to see if you can DL the OS9 drivers. If so, damned the box and it's writing. Get the stick
Plebeian
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Plebeian »

Actually, there's no such things as OS 9 drivers specific to a controller, it all goes through InputSprockets (which you'll have already, and Mac-supporting controllers should install just in case).

Unfortunately, this makes it hard to say whether a specific stick will work or not. I'm not too sure of the inner workings of the Sprockets, so I'm not sure how much a stick needs to do to be "compatible". Saitek didn't list any OSes on their page for the Evo, so that doesn't help, either. :?
Fusion
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Fusion »

Thx Plebian. I think I will make a post at the Mac Clan's website and ask there. I have an old Cyborg 3D USB, also made by Saitek, and it works in both OS 9 and 10. Can any other Mac D3ers offer any more solid answers?

Oh, BTW.. Stress, it is very obvious to me that you know absolutely nothing about the Mac OS and D3. Why did you post an answer on a string that I specificly was asking the Mac D3 pilots here at the DBB for an answer?
Fus
Bonz
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Bonz »

It says it will work with os9 but os8 and os10 need a specific software to make it work. So I think Stress's assumption was close to accurate. Ya don't need to be a dick because he was trying to help you :roll:
http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/supp/applemac.htm
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

Asking for technical help in the market place puts this post in the wrong forum. Try again in the tech forum.

And I was trying to be helpful fusion. if you dont want it, don't ask for it. And if you think targeting a select group of ppl here with a post is possible, you'ce not been using your eyeballs here very long. This board has many that just chime in regardless of what is being asked. Get used to it.

Post closed