|The Marketplace RULES! (You must read these before posting)
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||STRESSTEST [ Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:07 pm ]|
|Post subject:||The Marketplace RULES! (You must read these before posting)|
Welcome to the Marketplace Forum
~~~~~~~~~~ Rules: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All General Rules Are To Be Followed
(1) The SUBJECT of your thread should reflect the type of transaction FS (For Sale), FT (For Trade), WTB (Want to Buy) or WTTF (Want to Trade For)
(2) No MISLEADING Titles.
(3) No Price or "interest" CHECKS
(4) CONSOLIDATE Threads. Do not post multiple threads. Keep all of your FS/FT deals in one thread, and all WTB/WTTF deals in a different thread. You should only have one FS/FT and one WTB/WTTF thread active at any one time. When making a new thread, include items from the old thread.
(5) No excessive BUMPING of your thread. Repeated long term bumping of a thread will not be tolerated.
(6) You must Post a PRICE unless the item is purely FT. (trading for cash still means FS)
(7) No PIRATED software sales or trades. No sales/trades of ACADEMIC or NFR (Not for Resale) software. OEM software must be sold/traded with hardware or in accordance with the terms the OEM software TOS. The sale/trade of game 'characters', game accounts, Beta accounts or any other issues covered under NDA (non-disclosure agreement) is not allowed.
(8) Selling or Trading of CD-KEY(s) without the original disks is strictly prohibited.
(9) No AUCTION style posts. That’s why there is an “Ebay”
(10) No multi-level marketing schemes. (PYRAMID Schemes) (this includes those IPod gimmicks also)
(11) No EBAY linkage to a sale on that board.
(12) No sales of COUPONS or any other freely distributed items such as DewU codes, Marlboro miles, Gmail, Dell discount codes, etc.
(13) No PANHANDLING (Requests for money, Paypal, or goods and services for free)
(14) No trading MONEY for money. (Borrowing money with higher payback) Go to your bank for a loan
(15) No LINKING to other sites except for image hosting. Do not steal bandwidth from others, host your own images or use an image hosting site such as www.photobucket.com or a similar hosting site.
(16) No SHOUTING. If you don't know..THIS IS SHOUTING. This applies to thread titles also.
(17) No FLAMING or in-before-the-lock posts.
(18) No THREAD CRAPPING. It is rude and will not be tolerated. If you have an issue with the price, contact the seller directly, do not post it in the thread.
(19) No CONTEST threads.
(20) No ALCOHOL, tobacco, firearms, or pornography (anything that can be classified "Adult Material") are to be sold here..... nothing that is governed by the Federal Government as interstate trade.
(21) GROUP buys are not allowed.
(22) The sale of SERVICES is prohibited.
(23) Charging fees for PayPal on a trade is not allowed. It violates PayPal's TOS.
(24) Untraceable web based and/or free EMAIL accounts are not allowed. You must have an ISP or school based email when trading. Email Address Must be posted in the thread.
(25) No Dealers or Vendors allowed. Rule Exception: If you have a great deal to bring to DBB members, please email email@example.com with your product and deal and it will be decided on a case by case basis. If it is a good deal for the forum members, it will be allowed. You must be legitimate.
*The above rules are made for the protection of all. Failure to comply with the rules will result in suspension of your privileges to post in this forum, or forfeiture of your forum membership according to the severity of the infraction. The moderators and administrators of this board reserve the right to modify, edit, move or delete any part or all of a post or thread for any reason stated above. The Descent Bulletin Board also reserves the right to ban any user, at any time, and for any reason.
If you have any problems or questions, feel free to address your inquiries to the listed forum Moderators or Administrators by PM*
*Regarding PM's and your PM box status. You are responsible for the maintenance of your own mailbox. It needs to be cleared frequently, especially during trades. If at any time you can no longer receive messages, you may clear your PM Box by the following method to ensure a completely clear mailbox.
To completely clear your PM box to receive further messages you need to do the following:
1. Select "Inbox" from the top menu
2. Decide the items you want to purge
3. Click the box beside " Date "
4. Go to the bottom right hand corner and click "Delete marked" Or you can chose to “Delete All”
5. Do the same to the "Sent Box" Category
6. Go back and check on all catagories to see if the boxes have been cleared. This should have cleared all messages and give you a clear PM box
Regarding Trading Tips and Dealing with Trolls
~~~~~~~~~~~~ Quick Tips for trading ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(1) Always use delivery confirmation, and always keep the proof that you shipped. More info in this thread CLICK HERE
(2) Always ask for a real name, home address, and telephone number. Verify it with a call or a search in the white pages.
(3) If the seller is suspicious, please search for info about him or contact a mod. If deal sounds too good to be true, chances are that it is.
(4) Don’t jump to conclusions, email the seller if you have problems, if you have their phone number, give them a call.
(5) If you feel that you’ve been scammed, you can file complaints about internet fraud directly with the FBI at their Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFFC) http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp. You can also go to www.usps.com and file a complaint for postal fraud, and most state Attorney Generals have an online internet fraud complaint form.
(1) No matter what, get a name, address and phone number and then confirm the information by:
a. Phoning the telephone number and checking if it is actually them.
b. Going to www.switchboard.com or a similar site and check out if the last name matches the address. If it does not match, find out why from the trader before selling (the telephone may be listed to another party in the house) Chances are if they won't provide a phone number, something is up.
(2) Don't ship first without getting good references. You can get money back through different means if your money is taken, but your SOL if you ship before receiving payment.
(3) Use a credit card with Paypal when at all possible. You're only liable for 50$ in damages if someone rips you off.
(4) If you cannot use a credit card, use a check since they are traceable and can prove your case if it comes down to contacting the police.
(5) Don't accept a cell phone for the phone number. It's much easier to change or cancel than a home phone number.
(6) Keep a record of all conversation with the person pertaining to the trade. It provides backup when having to deal with the police.
(7) Be wary of anyone with a recent forum registration date. Post count means little, date of registration does.
(8) If a deal seems too good to be true, chances are that it is......so be wary.
~~~~~~~~~ OUTING A TROLL ~~~~~~~~~~~
(1) If you have a problem with a buyer or seller and believe them to be a Troll, do NOT post a thread or comment about said user unless you have PROOF that the person is indeed a troll. Posting a suspicion without proper backup only makes you look bad on the forum.
(2) Claiming someone is a troll because they are selling something "too good to be true" or any other suspicious reason is not allowed.
(3) When "outing" a troll you must provide PROOF that the troll did indeed rip you off. This means that you started a trade, either with money or merchandise and you did not receive the item promised. Hearsay or rumor are NOT grounds for crying troll on this forum.
(4) In lots of cases items are sent out, but maybe not as quickly as hoped. Give the trade sufficient time to pan out before claiming someone is a troll. I suggest at least waiting 2-4 weeks before even thinking about claiming someone as a troll.
(5) Believe it or not, things do happen that cause people delay in shipping on a promised date. This does not make them a troll. They should provide a satisfactory explanation for such activity, but it's not necessary as long as the trade is completed.
(6) If you have a problem with the speed at which someone trades, leave them negative feedback on their preferred feedback site.
(7) The key here is to remember that EVERYONE is innocent until proven guilty!!!
(8) Remember and make use of these tips and no one will get hurt.
~~~~~~~~~~~Regarding Troll Threads~~~~~~~~~~~
We really do not want Troll threads on this forum unless there is adaquate proof that there has actually been an instance of trolling. What we have had in the past has been rumor and suspicion which only harms innocent dealers. If you have proof that you have been a victim of a scam, report it to the moderator of this forum. The facts will be checked out and if there has been an instance of a scam, an official warning thread will be created. The operative word here is proof. Present all of the needed trade parameters, contact information and logs of communication when contacting a moderator about a troll instance. If you followed the tips and warnings listed above, you should have no problems in providing the needed proof.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC-06:00|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group