FS 1st generation iPod 5 gig model

Want to sell off that old video card for that new GeForce? Looking for a used Sidewinder? This is the place to buy, sell, trade and post about hot deals you find!
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

FS 1st generation iPod 5 gig model

Post by Will Robinson »

The original 1st generation iPod:

5 gigabyte capacity with firewire AC charger, 12 volt DC automobile charger, wired remote with headphone jack.

This is a firewire only model, you need firewire to access it with your computer.
It's currently formatted for Windows but it was originally formatted for Macintosh so you can change it back if you prefer. It has some superficial scratches nothing too terribly ugly. I'll post some pic's if necessary.

Original battery, works fine. I have had to open it up and disconnect-reconnect the battery to reset it when I let it sit for weeks without a charge although if you use regularly that won't happen, hasn't happened recently because I'm using it a lot now. Normally you can reset it by a button combination but like I said, if you let the thing sit uncharged for too long it will lock up and require complete disconnect of the battery to reset it.

It holds a full charge for four or five days un-used or holds about 5 to 8 hours running time charge depending on ambient tempurature. Replacement batterys available on the net for aprox. $30 although I have no experience with them they seem to be popular and plentiful.

I'm selling it only because I want a 4th generation model that will interface with a built in wiring harness/module for my 2004 Silverado that allows the factory stereo system to control it...it's going to be my primary source of music in the truck and the 1st generation models won't work that way.

Asking $100 and I'll pay up to $15 shipping or deliver in person withing 100 mile radius of Myrtle Beach S.C.

willrobinson@sc.rr.com
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Sold