$20 VR glove

Want to sell off that old video card for that new GeForce? Looking for a used Sidewinder? This is the place to buy, sell, trade and post about hot deals you find!
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

$20 VR glove

Post by roid »

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... EdpNo=4218 63&sku=E138-1000

these guys had this thing on sale like this a few months back, i posted about it then.
seems they are doing it again. (this thing normally retails for $150US).

you can grab this thing on ebay too. i've got one, it's pretty cool. definitely worth grabbing for $20US, matel should sell this this as "my first VR glove" haha. (it really is a 3D VR glove, also a mouse)

Image Image
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Dead linky for me
Max_T
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Max_T »

does it work well in games? Or is it just like the Microsoft Strategic Commander (which is good only for it's programmable buttons)?
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

strange, it works for me, maybe try this sarge:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... etails.asp? EdpNo=421863&Sku=E138-1000&CatId=141

yeah in games that arn't optimized for a VR glove, it just works as a mouse (you wave your hand around in the air).

i tried playing D3 with it once, it was pretty weird. also because D3 isn't optimized for the glove, you can only use the glove in mousemode, which means only 2 axis are usable.
as a fully 3D VR glove, of course where it shines is in programs and games that are designed or patched for it (slapping your creature in patched B&W is funny and quite realistic).

using it for normal mouse games is kinda like using a mouse to play a flight sim "it's kinda weird, a joystick feels better". (and Apocalypse is as far beyond mutants as mutants are beyond humans!!! RAAAARG!!!)
so for just general games, it feels kinda gimmicky.
in mousemode, you can fully control windows with it though, i have met one guy who prefers it to his mouse. but i prefer my mouse with windows and mouse-games.
it's a VR glove at heart (6 axis, 5 finger benders, plus some buttons). it shines in things that take full advantage of it. (ie: a friend made a simple game where you throw frisbies around, with your glove you throw an imaginary frisbee at the screen, fun Image, when he gets the physics worked out we will try our hand at a ping-pong game)

i've not used the MS strategic comander before.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

TigerDirect's sale of these things seems to go up and down. one week they have it, the next they don't, the next they do again.

so here's another company also selling em for $19.
they also ship internationally :)

http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=P5
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

this thing is a must have if you have black & white.