Good deal on UT2004 + a gaming headset.

Want to sell off that old video card for that new GeForce? Looking for a used Sidewinder? This is the place to buy, sell, trade and post about hot deals you find!
Max_T
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Good deal on UT2004 + a gaming headset.

Post by Max_T »

This has been going on for awhile, but here it goes anyway:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/239452.asp

UT2004 Special Edition, includes the game, some other dvd, and a logitech gaming headset for voice communications. Note that this is a dvd edition.

Math: 39.99 - 10 Instant Coupon - 20 EBgames voucher - 10 upgrade MIR for ut2k3 = FREE!

Now, before any flames start flying, the 39.99 price by itsekf is already a great deal for the game and the headset. so if u don't want or can't do the rest of the discounts, don't flame me.

Anyway, pre-order it at 39.99 with free shipping, and then follow these steps:

1) On the confirmation page for you order you will see a link near your order total that says:

"Your purchase is complete. Click here to claim your special reward for your purchase today.

So Press the Continue button.

Enter your email address twice to sign up for a service called Reservation rewards. It's a service with monthly fees, but the 1st month is free and you can cancel anytime.

Once you register, there will be a popup window, make sure you don't close it, because that's where your 10$ off EBgames coupon is gonna be listed

NOTE: They will get your address and your credit card info, so if you are afraid of getting some junk mail, well, you don't have to do this

2) Go into your online account at EBgames and cancel your 1st order.

3) Place a new order at EBgames, but this time, use that 10$ off coupon taht is listed in the popup window. So now, your order is 29.99 shipped.

4)You can either call or cancel your Reservations Rewards membership online, like i did.

You can probably use this service for a few weeks, but make sure you don't forget to cancel. I cancelled right away and got my cancellation confirmation email.

5) Save and later fill out the 20$ Voucher for EBgames, that you can use later to buy another game at EBgames.

6) If you own UT2003, and still have your manual, you will be entitled to a 10$ upgrade rebate. The coupon for it will be in the UT2004 box.

7) When you receive your 20$ voucher, buy another attractively priced game at EBgames with some free shipping coupon or something, and then eBay it.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Oh, that spammy vocal-Flash-presentation "Rewards" program was worth $10? Bleh, I don't care. It looked pretty shady to me, and I certainly wouldn't trust it with my credit card number.

EBGames (the brick-and-mortar) has this deal:
$39.99 (base price)
- $20.00 (EB Gift Card for future purchases)
- $10.00 (Upgrade rebate for previous owners of UT2K3)
- $10.00 (Trade-in value of UT2K3)
--------
Free

Course, the word coming from Epic is that UT2K3 maps are not compatible with UT2K4. I suspect that even though all UT2K3 maps are in UT2K4, they were probably recompiled with the latest version of UnrealEd. So, it might be worth holding on to UT2K3 if you value that compatibility.
Max_T
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Max_T »

what did i say about flaming?

Anyway, looks like the deal died shortly after i posted this...oh well, at least i got in :p
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Max_T wrote:what did i say about flaming?
Who's flaming? I'm making an observation about a company. I wouldn't take just any deal that makes itself apparent. The Reservation Rewards program looked iffy and suspicious. They seem like the kind of company that would sell your information at a premium to their "valued partners." If you don't want to deal with strange "subscription" companies, I'm merely pointing out that EBGames (the store) has a similar deal going on. :P
Max_T
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Max_T »

They r not suspicious at all, plus i warned that you don't have to go through them if you don't want to. Whether it's worth 10$ or not is for everyone to decide for themselves.

Btw, you can get up to 25$ for trading in ut2003 online too, so the deal could have been even hotter, but is seems dead.