Looking for Something Lost to Time

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

shuuki
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Looking for Something Lost to Time

Post by shuuki »

Many moons ago (what isn't many moons ago with Descent these days?) I recall the Xtremebuilders doing commissioned levels for certain members of the Descent community. I remember once communicating with Sniper about one in particular back in '98 or '99, though the title escapes my memory. Does anyone happen remember the names of the levels that they did? Crawling the WayBack machine didn't help me much. Specifically, I'm looking for one that was commissioned by NovaCat. I remember it won some community award or something and even generated a sequel.

Not much to go on, I know, sorry.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

PM Deathwinger, he might know. When I joined there were no vestiges of Descent 2 left expect for Plutonian Outbreak.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Darkhorse was in EDB for a brief period to my memory, although I have my doubts he'd remember the names of levels other people designed.

Heh, actually he has never had many good things to say about them either.
akula65
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by akula65 »

I was looking at this page

http://web.archive.org/web/200005110127 ... misc.shtml

and it occurs to me that the D2 Popular Mission Pack which is mentioned might have what you are looking for. If you mouse over it, you can see that it is called Best_Levels.zip. Perhaps one of the old-timers has this lying around on a drive.

I wouldn't mind seeing what is in this particular archive myself.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

The archive has not been, errm, archived. :(

This would be the link, but it doesn't work.