D2X-XL level Speed! updated

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

D2X-XL level Speed! updated

Post by Diedel »

I have updated my D2X-XL multiplayer Speed! a little:
  • Added some dedicated fuel centers to make certain level areas more attractive.
  • Threw in some more cameras to give them a greater tactical significance.
  • Since the levels seems to be well suited for that style of gameplay, I threw in a few shakers and megas.
  • Last but not least some inaccessible smart missiles are now reachable.
Speed! has a strong emphasis on in-level teleports that can quickly bring you to some other part of the level. This is supported by using speed boost areas allowing for quick escapes plus some shield regeneration. Many pillars allow for hit and run tactics and surprise attacks.

If you are into D2 multiplayer, give it a shot (heh) - from what I have experienced it is a fun level, especially with four or more players.

Find the level in the multiplayer level section of my Descent Site (see the side scrolling menu).

D2X-XL required.

Shadowfury333
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Shadowfury333 »

Just out of curiosity, do the D2 portals work like those in the upcoming game Portal or like the more typical teleporters, i.e. Halo, Quake series, etc.

Here's hoping for the former.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

I don't remember how the teleports in Halo and Quake work ... were there any teleports? They don't work like the portals in Portal though: You cannot see the destination area of the teleport (although ... I could make that happen ... interesting, no, make that cool! idea ... :roll: ) You also cannot fire missiles through a teleport. I could probably make that happen, too ... another interesting idea, especially gameplay-wise ... :roll:

If flying through a teleport face, you will be instantaneously placed at the teleport's destination location, facing the direction the level designer determined for that teleport, and will keep momentum.
Shadowfury333
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Shadowfury333 »

Diedel wrote:If flying through a teleport face, you will be instantaneously placed at the teleport's destination location, facing the direction the level designer determined for that teleport, and will keep momentum.
Ok, that would be halo and quake style. However, I would think that seeing through the destination face would be really neat, and would allow me to build a tesseract-based level I've been thinking of.