Project Updates: UT2004-D1-Level1 & Group-C-4

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

sushi.h.a.
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Project Updates: UT2004-D1-Level1 & Group-C-4

Post by sushi.h.a. »

While I have had a torrential downpour of peripheral time consuming events over the last year or two, I have finally migrated to my new computer and have nearly completed recreating my work environment on it.

As such I hope to release the first full version of the UT2004 Descent 1 Level 1 Recreation soon. I have completed nearly all aspects of the level at this point, and have only to tweak a few details, play test it, and finish composing the music track for it.

Additionally, with regard to GroupC 4, I am nearing completion on the new ship models that will finally replace the PyroGL and the Pheonix. I don't yet have an estimate for the release date of GroupC 4 because external factors could cause it to vary substantially. Needless to say, I hope to release it sooner rather than latter.

In other news I'm starting two businesses which may take little bit of my time in the short term, but if they become successful, there is a good chance that I will actually end up with much more free time.

In any case, I will be releasing screenshots of both projects soon.

Thanks for the feedback regarding both projects.

Take care everyone. :D
Octopus
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Octopus »

Please tell me more.
sushi.h.a.
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by sushi.h.a. »

Hi Octopus,

I'm not sure if you're referring to my tentative plan for building a 6dof mod, or the Descent-1 level-1 recreation. With regard to the 6dof mod, I haven't worked on it in quite a while. I would like to continue work on it at some point, though at the moment I'm dividing my time between a lot of projects, (the largest being college). For the last several months I've been trying to settle into the university I just transferred to.

As for the Descent-1 level-1 recreation, I actually finally released it a little while ago.
The download, screenshots, and information are available here:
viewtopic.php?t=14844

All in all, I suspect that the chances that I will get back to the UT2k4 6dof mod are below 50%, but not zero. That, however, is mostly because I'm inclined to believe that if I get the time to build a 6dof mod some time over the next year, there is a good chance I will build it for the UT3 engine, or the Crysis engine. I've looked into both, albeit only superficially as of yet. Each has its assets and detriments. Crysis has an amazing engine, but is not exactly tailored to corridor based environments. UT3 is quite corridor friendly, but has a bafflingly flawed lighting engine, made all the more odd by the comparatively more accurate (though non-normal-mapped) light physics implemented in the UT2k4 engine.

As always, If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. :)
Octopus
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Octopus »

I'd really like to see a new descent related mod come out. Very cool stuff you're doing.