See new thread

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

Stroodles
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

See new thread

Post by Stroodles »

New thread
Amg! It's on every post and it WON'T GO AWAY!!
Stroodles
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Stroodles »

As of today, I beat my boss level on insane, with a life to spare, and 120 shields!!!!
W0000t
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I tried the first bit of each level (with the level warp cheat... I didn't have time to try the whole thing). I think the level design and texturing is really nice (especially level 4). It looks really good with the D2X-XL hires textures. I couldn't make any meaningful comments on the difficulty (I can't survive on anything higher than Trainee).

I'm looking forward to the rest of the set!
Stroodles
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Stroodles »

Thanks, really appreciate it. I designed the levels to follow an accelerated pace of the main campaigns levels, and it is a tad bit more difficult then the normal campaign. I can beat it on hotshot, and I generally play games on rookie.

As far as texturing and emulaters, I would recomend Rebirth or D2X-XL for level 5 ecspecially. The darkness is in the entire level, and is really the point of the boss room. With the emulaters, it really is *pitch black*. On the orignal game, it just looks sorta liney.