DMB2 or DLE-xp,... is there a way?

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

Kida
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

DMB2 or DLE-xp,... is there a way?

Post by Kida »

Is there a way to prevent weapons from spawning in particular cubes. ive been told that theres a way to do this but i havent found it. any insights?
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

The \"blocked\" segment type available in DLE-XP will apparently do this. It only works in D2X-XL though, I presume, and it also prevents players flying through the segment. This is normally acceptable though as the usual reason you'd want to prevent powerups spawning there is that they're unreachable anyway.
Kida
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Kida »

ya not working with XL if fact it will get me to the game menu when i open the exe but try and start a game and it crashes, <--not relevent. Any way im making an observation area for a map and lots of stuff is spawning up there. ive been told that if the area is not player accesable that stuff wont spawn up there, so im going to try and put a closed wall to block off the area, i hope it works or improves the situation.

Thanks for the advice
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

I'm doubtful it'll work (Descent 2 not so smart :D) but it's definitely worth a try.