D1 in russian

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

MidiV
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

D1 in russian

Post by MidiV »

Hello all!

For all russian-speaking fans I would like to proudly present russian version of Descent 1.
It has been released recently on Russian Descent Outpost.

There are two versions available: original D1 for DOS and translated D1X-Rebirth 0.58.1 (Windows-build).

Archives contain only modified resources so full version of Descent 1 is required.

You can download russian version here: http://www.descent2.ru/descent/fajly-resursy.html (in russian language!)
Rebirth note: it's separate pack, do not install into the same folder with english version of D1X-Rebirth.

Some screenshots attached.
Attachments
Main menu (DOS)
Main menu (DOS)
In-game shot (DOS)
In-game shot (DOS)
In-game shot (Rebirth)
In-game shot (Rebirth)
Briefing (Rebirth)
Briefing (Rebirth)
Main menu (Rebirth)
Main menu (Rebirth)
Perfection Through Genetics
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re: D1 in russian

Post by CDN_Merlin »

That's awesome. Thank you even though I can't read Russian.
MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK Z490;Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8GHz;EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super KO Gaming 8GB GDDR6;SeaSonic FOCUS GX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold;A-Data XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND PCIe NVMe M.2 2280;WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3;Fractal Design Define 7 Compact Mid Tower;Asus SDRW-08D2S-U 8X Slim DVD-RW External Drive;Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 32GB 2x16 3600 DDR4 C18; Win 10 64Bit
MidiV
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MidiV »

Thanks! :lol:
I think that D2 will be next.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Great job. This is without a doubt the best quality Russian version of Descent. Posh transfer.
And of course, particularly pleased to see my nickname in the list of authors that my efforts to Russification font has not gone unnoticed :) I think that this version will be the most comfortable Descent for Russian fans of this great game.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Any way to get this translation part of the regular Rebirth release so it doesn't just fall behind?
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

I find it hard to comment on briefings in English, because I do not speak English so well, as I would like.
But briefings in Russian here I believe to be extremely successful and interesting. This translation can be called even a small literary work :)
And in general, the translation of this version fully compliant with Russian authenticity and intuitive for any Russian-speaking pilot.
MidiV
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MidiV »

Sirius wrote:Any way to get this translation part of the regular Rebirth release so it doesn't just fall behind?
I hope that someday it will be so.

But for now it's a bit tricky since lot of text strings in Rebirth are inside the code and can't be replaced from external files.
Zico knows about this release and existing issues with localization, so eventually in future everything will be much easier.
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Xfing »

I think I could take a crack at translating this into PL... given the right tools and knowledge of the procedure :P
Descent 1,5: Level layouts done: 52/54 Secret level layouts done: 1/6
MidiV
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MidiV »

My tool for font file generation is rough and completely not user-friendly, at least in current state.
I can help with instructions though