Omens: PTMC Vesta Covert Facility

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

So over the the past few weeks I've been putting together a new singleplayer (and multiplayer co-op) level for Descent 3 that will feature new enemies and weapons from OVERLOAD, re-created with permission from Revival Productions. This is something of a combination project that brings back an old level idea with a new set of mods together. Statistically, OMENS is one of the largest Descent 3 levels ever built - if not the largest ever built - but from a physical size perspective it's probably about the 3rd or 4th largest after some of the Outrage levels. To wet your appetite, here are some screenshots:

The level will feature the following:

* A handful of new robots based on OVERLOAD, including several variations of each
* 12 weapons from OVERLOAD
* Two entirely new boss robots
* A custom soundtrack from Jerry Berlongieri and much more!

Omens brings a kind of classic Descent style back into Descent 3 with slow, bulky and tough enemies. It gets pretty hard on the higher difficulties.

I cannot make any promises, but the level is nearly complete and ready to ship, so expect to see it this month!

Edit: Released!

The level is now available!

Grab it at Descent 3 Sector: https://sectorgame.com/d3/downloads/?na ... y&file=880
Or at MODDB: https://www.moddb.com/mods/omens
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Omens: PTMC Vesta Covert Facility

Post by vision »

Cool! Hopefully I can download and play Overload soon so I can properly enjoy your work.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Wooooooooooooooooow...
& a new Jerry music to go along?
I hope he releases a version for listening too. It's all bound to be good.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by LightWolf »

Just to be clear, is the level OMENS, or is it a series of sorts of which PTMC-VCF is a part of?
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

Potential series, but for now just the one (quite large) level. The mission name is Omens, level is PTMC VCF.
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

The level is now available!

Grab it at Descent 3 Sector: https://sectorgame.com/d3/downloads/?na ... y&file=880
Or at MODDB: https://www.moddb.com/mods/omens

Fair warning: You may need up to 2 hours to play through the entire level, if you want to find everything! Savegames do *not* work.

Currently this level only works with the GOG version of D3. I will work on a fix.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I just tried this and it crashed as soon as I entered CargoBay 3.
MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK Z490;Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8GHz;EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super KO Gaming 8GB GDDR6;SeaSonic FOCUS GX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold;A-Data XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND PCIe NVMe M.2 2280;WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3;Fractal Design Define 7 Compact Mid Tower;Asus SDRW-08D2S-U 8X Slim DVD-RW External Drive;Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 32GB 2x16 3600 DDR4 C18; Win 10 64Bit
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

What's your setup, video settings and D3 version?

Need to isolate this issue as I haven't been to reproduce it on multiple systems, but have this reported twice now. The only consistent pattern so far has been with people that don't have the GOG version.

Edit: Got it, seems to be definitely related to old versions of D3. You need the latest GOG version. I will look into fixing this, but may take some time to isolate.
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

OK, I think I've found the problem. Download the level again and let me know what happens.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I have the original version patched to 1.4.

I'm not buying D3 again just for a level. I'll download it again tonight when i get home and try it out.

Thanks
MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK Z490;Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8GHz;EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super KO Gaming 8GB GDDR6;SeaSonic FOCUS GX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold;A-Data XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND PCIe NVMe M.2 2280;WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3;Fractal Design Define 7 Compact Mid Tower;Asus SDRW-08D2S-U 8X Slim DVD-RW External Drive;Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 32GB 2x16 3600 DDR4 C18; Win 10 64Bit
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

Did you get it working?
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

got it working, but sadly don't have 2 hrs to play non stop.
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

Based on feedback I've received it would seem the level is too dark. I think this is likely due to my monitors being exceedingly bright, so it didn't seem all that dark to me. I will be increasing the ambient brightness and making a few other small tweaks.
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

Ok, the patched version has been uploaded. Download the level again to get the changes.