Level-Beta-Test-Forum

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Level-Beta-Test-Forum

Post by Do_Checkor »

Since I saw that many level-authors had the problem that if they are ready with the levels there seem to be no betatesters aviable. So it accours alot these days that the authors get out a 1.1 after they released a 1.0 already. This is 3 times the work as usual (for the editors and for the hosters etc.) and it maybe solved by this idea:

I made a new forum on the www.Descentforum.de . At the moment it is hidden = visible only to the usergroups:

Level-Designers (can upload Levels (ZIP/MN3) of 3 MB max. and 100 MB / user)

and

Level-Beta-Tester (can upload Screeners of 550 KB max. and other files, currently 5 MB max. per User (to prevent those mega-sized TGAs or uncompressed JPGs etc. :D ). And they can download the level-betas of course :)

Conversation is kept in english language ofcourse and even the board language is aviable on english too (it is important to configure the bord-language to "english" in your profile because the default language is only temporarily set to "english").

The access to the usergroups have to be approved manually so please wait a bit after you joined...

Comments?

If you are interested, please register to the forum and go to the usergroups (right/top) to apply...

http://www.Descentforum.DE
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I'm registering on the forums right now, and I'll sign up for the beta testers group ASAP. Great idea! :D
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Same here.
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

11 level-beta-testers already signed up. I think thisn't too bad to check a level but If you are interested to join the level-beta-test-crew register here:

http://www.descentforum.de/forum/groupcp.php?g=10042

the designer-group can be found here:

http://www.descentforum.de/forum/groupcp.php?g=10041
Fusion
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Fusion »

Check-
I signed up with the site and am getting email in German, is there any way of getting it to come to me in English? I don't do german, sorry. English is my Primary Language here, being in the US.
Fus
SSX-Thunderbird
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by SSX-Thunderbird »

Change your language in your profile to English.
Fusion
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Fusion »

T-Bird,
It already is.
I'm talking about the emails I have recieved so far.
Fus
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

oh somehow I overlooked this...

the language of the mails... hmmm...
I will check that and make it dual-language in a few days. I hoped, that the default-language of the board set to english would be enough. seems not so.

But usually in the mail there is nothing really you HAVE to understand. you just have to click the link to activate your account.