DLE-XP update v1.0.0.58 available

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

DLE-XP update v1.0.0.58 available

Post by Diedel »

Fixed two bugs concerning adding players and coop players and adding end of exit tunnel switches.
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

lots of decimals in your version numbers. :P
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Can you read them? :P
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

There are bugs when making a Descent 1 levels like the 2nd texture is blank, and the conversion for descent 1 levels to descent 2 levels has some bugs like the ugly pic on the right(try to fix that) and the sides are darker(fix that also), those are the few descent 1 level editing bugs that I found. And one thing, Make sure that the Descent 1 Texture list a bit more accurate, Because its a bit inaccurate(try to fix that).
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

What "ugly pic on the right"?

I need you to give me more precise error descriptions together with the level you tried to convert so that I can pin down the problems w/o having to search for them endlessly.

The best is you email me the level and some text like "cube X side Y: wrong texture" etc.
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

I'll show you the the evidence of the conversion menu.

p.s. I'll send you the D1 level and the converted level
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

try downloading (or I have it) a program called texfix. Its a primitive program that converts Descent 2 levels to Descent 1. Maybe you can take the basic coding and implement this feature into DMB2? So then we can have conversions go both ways?
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

@Dark Falcon: I don't have that bug. Do you have the proper Descent2 folder specified in DLE-XP?

@DarkFlameWolf: I cannot see much sense in converting D2 -> D1, and I am reluctant in applying major changes to DLE-XP.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

What does texfix work on? A couple of mapping tables for each direction?
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

There is plenty sense to convert from D2 to D1. For one thing, Descent 1 has this mood and feel that Descent 2 just cannot recreate. Furthermore, the balance in Descent 1 in terms of enemies and weapons is perfect and flawless. Descent 2 broke that balance. Finally, you can create custom exit sequences and have spinning robots in your briefings! Its simply better. Sure you can't do a few more things with Descent 1, but there are certain advantages to converting to D1. You're just lazy. I offered to supply you the coding that you could use as a template to build off of, but you rejected even that.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Briefings are a fricken biatch in D1! Maybe instead of downgrading their levels to D1, D2X could re-add support for those spinning robots and custom exit sequences... ;) All it would take would be a flag saying "hey, don't use MVE files, do it in-game".

[edit] Actually, there's an AVI to MVE convertor available here. It even does sound. :D [/edit].
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

@DarkFlameWolf:

I am just lazy?

Listen, and listen well:

#1 Learn to use the small, but important word "please"! It makes a world of a difference if asking for an effort that is made for free!

#2 I recoded DLE-XP, which took me several months of work, and I did it for free. You couldn't have said something more stupid and ill-behaved than you did here.

#3 All I am doing here is for free (including D2X). Actually, I don't need your applause, and even less unfounded criticism like yours here. I will add to DLE-XP what I like, period.

Do you always behave like that? You couldn't have done better to get me not to do what you'd like me too.
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

nope, but I like your arrogance. I shall continue to use Texfix to do a function your editor cannot. Thanks anyway.
SSX-Thunderbird
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by SSX-Thunderbird »

DCrazy wrote:Briefings are a fricken biatch in D1! Maybe instead of downgrading their levels to D1, D2X could re-add support for those spinning robots and custom exit sequences... ;) All it would take would be a flag saying "hey, don't use MVE files, do it in-game".
It already does both. The spinning robot sequences need some serious work though, as they're pretty screwed up.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

DarkFlameWolf wrote:nope, but I like your arrogance. I shall continue to use Texfix to do a function your editor cannot. Thanks anyway.
I am the one of the two of us who is arrogant? lol. STFU, MOFO.
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

Diedel wrote:STFU, MOFO.
Using abbreviations like that doesn't help when trying to put off an intelligent air. No one likes to read internet slang all the time. :wink: And you should have let it run off your back. Instead, you took it to heart and got all up in arms about something so trivial. Lighten up or you'll be constipated about life.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Hi!! And WELCOME to the Descent Bulletin Board! May I introduce my favorite little four letter epithet: tact. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, here at the DBB we use tact! It means no off topic posts, no arrogance and most importantly, no flames!

So, the next time someone decides to turn their own thread into a pissing match or just can't resist the urge to lick the pole, we're going to show you gentlemen the door.

This episode of tact is brought to you by Thompson's Teeth, the only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth!