D2 Level Project: The Operation Assault

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

D2 Level Project: The Operation Assault

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

I know its a wierd name but.
Its a 8 level campaign with custom robots, 2 new bosses, 4 new musics, and a briefing.

Here are the screenshots:
Looks like the Ice Spindle is a sniper.

This screenshot is just part of level 2

The way that I made the fuel center in this room looks really neat.

Remeber the Class 2 Heavy Driller from the Vertigo Series? he's near a new robot that I made called the Cicada

Uh-oh, there are 2 Cicadas charging at me! and ignore that cheater thing.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

And the invulnerability, I assume. :)

These screenshots look like a marked improvement over the last of your levels that I saw - I forget which one, but never mind...

Although not perfect (which I guess is a matter of opinion anyway) the texture schemes are pretty good... there is one thing I don't like in the second screenshot though - see that bright blue patch of floor next to the yellow door? It contrasts rather badly with the neighbouring grey floor and ends up looking ugly. :) When you're working with rock textures, at the very least, you need to ensure that if you have any seams like that, they aren't too pronounced. Alternatively you can use metal borders to solve it - like what you've done for the deep blue rock just above, where it meets the roof of the neighbouring hallway. Just be sparing with them, or else the level starts to look like a construction site. :)

Actually, if I were you I'd just reduce the number of textures visible in that place - I count nine types of rock in the same scene there. It makes it look a little too garish, if you know what I mean...

But apart from all that, the texturing in the majority of the shots is good. I personally don't like to change textures at points along a flat surface, but that's just me and you might have different ideas.

While most of the structure is a bit simple, it's no big deal until you start to get comfortable with doing really weird geometry. The energy centre there is pretty neat, too.

But it is looking good! Even if all those comments don't make it sound like it... :)
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

That first screenshot reminds me too much of level 1 of Bahagad Outbreak and level 13 of Lost Levels.
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Stop it! This is a worst commentary ever!
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

They look good, but there doesn't seem to be any lighting...
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

Dark Falcon wrote:Stop it! This is a worst commentary ever!
Dude- Sirius did exactly what he's supposed to- maybe he didn't mingle in as many "I like this" or "I like that"'s and you would like- but being able to take constructive critism is one of the most important parts to improving at anything.