Zora D3

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Zora D3

Post by Duper »

Hi all, here's a nice small level perfect for a one on one match.

Lothar asked me to port it from the D1 version that he made about a year ago. I would post some pics, 'cept I have no place to upload files to. :\ anywho, yo can find the level at all the usual places.

Koolbear

PlanetDescent

Give it a looksee and tell me what you think. Good
bad, or sheep.

*edit*-link fixed ;)
SSX-Thunderbird
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by SSX-Thunderbird »

Your second link is pointing to the wrong location :P. The missions stuff was moved awhile ago, but I've left the static files (which your link is pointing to) in in case I forgot something :P.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

yea, that was the link i got off I got off the site. I remember things being moved but as to "where" I had no real clue.

What is the path now?
PlanetDescent wrote:If you wish to use the DFiles.de (Official PlanetDescent mirror) URL for auto-downloading or for advertising your Descent 3 mission, you can use this address:
http://www.dfiles.de/download/d3/missions/yourlevel.zip

Please understand that I will make changes to filenames if necessary (for example, if you put capital letters in the filename, I will shrink them down to lowercase). Also, if you put in erroneous characters such as extra periods, I'll take them out (i.e. mylevel1.1.zip will become mylevel11.zip). Otherwise, it will be the same as how you zipped it.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Duper, I can host a few screenshots if you want.

My wife and I played the beta version of this level a couple days ago, and it really flows like the D1 version. It's pretty small and interconnected, though not quite as much as D1's black rose (which I believe has a D3 port "faded rose".)

The action is pretty fast, but it's almost all primaries -- quads, fusion, plasma, and a single vauss cannon. The only missiles in the level are 2 homers and 2 cyclones. This is not a "cheap kill" level. It's ideally suited for 1 v 1, possibly in a ladder-play setting.

The port itself is very good -- everything scaled right. The doors open fast, and the architecture looks really good, while still being completely playable. I was really pleased with the lights and various decorations in this level. They give it a nice D3 look, while still retaining the D1 feel.

The picture on the wall is of my mom. The level is named after her.

Go play it :)
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Duper, the path you posted for the auto-download is still correct. Thunderbird was referring to the actual D3 missions directory on PD. The new database features dynamic level updating and a review system; it can be found here.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Thanks Top, what I don't understand in that case, is why thier site point to that. I went >D3 files>missions : Page.

Looking at it again, I see the missions Version 2 link. I don't use that normally, no need to. *shrug* at anyrate. The link isn't "incorrect" it's just the old directory. If TB prefers us to use the new one I shall. ...never miss an opportunity to use "shall" ;)

Thanks for the clarification. LOL .. I guess I shouldn't try to reply just after I get up at 4aM. ;P

Lothar. Please post a pic or two. I know I always like a small peek. :)
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Screenshots:

the main dogfight room

the main hallway

the tall back room

the main dog room, again

one of the service tunnels underneath the main room
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Esa put up a server with this level. It's currently at 64.238.111.11:2102
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Good Job Lothar and great job on porting this level to Descent 3 Duper
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

It would seem there is going to be one more release. There is one serious texture problem with that one HUGE light.

Also, there is a problem with "Sticking" to the door frames and the wall objects. When all this is resolved, I'll let out a 1.1. :)

Sorry and Thanks all.

(Thanks to Lothar and Grendel for pointing these out.)