Anarchy Level in the works

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

Pyroiguana
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Anarchy Level in the works

Post by Pyroiguana »

Hey guys, this is my first on the BB (usually I use PD but it's not showing on my comp). I'm working on an anarchy level right now. It uses only custom textures and has a 'special' light. It's going to be relatively small, for about 5 players. Here's some pics:

Main Room

Under the bridge

Main Room 2

Tell me what you think.
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Nice
Slowguy
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Slowguy »

Wow, that looks awesome. I see you're using that cone light effect. Very nice! :)
D2Junkie
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by D2Junkie »

Very nice, PyroIguana, I'll be sure to check it out (Though I am the Singleplayer guy around here.)

The lighting is nice, man, good job!
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Wow, a D3 level that's not covered in fullbright multicolored lights! What is that, maybe the fifth one ever? :D

Though I'd be wary of the custom textures... D3 1.4 tends to randomly freak out on custom tablefiles. Just triple-check that it doesn't cause bugs before releasing your level.

Also, this might be a bit nitpicky, but would you be able to add actual lights to those floodlights you have? The cone lighting looks really neat, but the problem is it's not actually casting any light on the crates or floor below. :P
Pyroiguana
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Pyroiguana »

Well, it does have light, but the problem is that the light isn't let out because of the fly through faces around it, so it funnels. Also, it isn't bright enough to light the area it could. I also made a few custom wep for this one, but I'll release a non custom cause lots of people dont like customs. Theres a gatling laser (self-explanatory), and a ion cannon (sorta like a faster firing MD but with alot less damage and slower speeds. Only one custom missile though, it does little damage but creates a huge recoil force when it explodes.

I also finished the level itself. Now it needs player starts and powerups. Basically, theres the room in the pics, then one tunnel goes to a large room with a bunch of crates, and a long tunnel connects the pic room and the large room by curving around, and a medium sized room is stuck in the passage, and the lower part of the pic room is connected to the large room by a small conveyor belt. Very confusing so you'll have to see it when im done.

Finally, Iv'e never started a server before so I'd like to know how so I can beta test it online with someone.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

If you're planning on hosting a dedicated server, and want to be in on the game, you'll need to host it on a separate machine. Or you could just start a non-dedicated game up.

To set a dedicated server up, I highly recommend DE-Hunter's D3Server.

Alternatively, I'd be happy to host one for you.
Pyroiguana
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Pyroiguana »

I'm not gonna bedone for a while, i'm at my grandparents house for two weeks so I'll be delayed for a bit. I expanded it though and added a underground tunnel system underneath the first layer cause I thought it was too small. Also, no custom missile, the gatling lasers and ion cannon are done, and I'm adding a custom shipt too. Can't wait to finish. Also, my paintball level needs to be finished so thatmay delay it to.
Pyroiguana
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Pyroiguana »

I'm back. I finished the custom ship, looks great, and just need player starts and hud icons for the weps. Be done soon!