New SP level looking for betatesters!

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

New SP level looking for betatesters!

Post by Stryker »

Level alpha released! Contest info:

Fear in the Airâ??Betatestersâ?? Contest Rules:
I. Goals
II. Rules and Regulations
III. Scoring
IV. Submitting your scores

Goals
The goal of this betatest is, for me, to gain access to 5 people who will help comb my level for bugs, possible improvements, and any possible defects, including playability problems.
That said, your goal as a potential betatester is to convince me, by thorough testing of the level, that you are capable of and willing to fully test a level to the best extent possible. To do this, you must show me by flying through the test level, an early alpha of the SP level Iâ??m working on, and finding as many features, bugs, and cookies as possible. My goal is to make this entertaining as well as beneficial for everyone.

Rules and Regulations
Rule #1: If you find a secret, keep it to yourself. Please do not tell others about it.
Rule #2: Please refrain from all use of bad language when doing anything relating to this contest.
Rule #3: Do not distribute this level file without the rules file included.

Scoring
Ok, so youâ??ve read all that gunk, now youâ??re ready to start testing. In order to win a spot betatesting the rest of the level, you must score within the top 5. If someone in the top 5 is disqualified for any reason, the person with the next highest score will be selected. Scoring is as follows:

Finding a weapon powerup: 1 point
Finding a bug in the level: 2 points
Finding the hidden cookie: 3 points
Accessing the attic of the level AND finding the powerup located there: 5 points
Accessing the second floor of the level: 10 points

I very highly suggest that you spend some effort to find a way to the second floor, since many of the weapon powerups are there, as well as some of the other features. In the event of a tie, the score will be decided by the number of gameplay/balance/visual tips the tester supplies.

Submitting your Scores
To submit your scoring application, send an e-mail to LevelScoringSubmissions@stryker2.com with descriptions of where each scoring bonus you found was, as well as a thorough description of what was wrong (in the case of a bug), a description of a weaponâ??s effects (in the case of a weapon powerup), the location and identity of the cookie, and/or the method you used to access an area.

Let the games begin!

Download the level from www.Stryker2.comor visit the [rul=http://www.stryker2.com/descent3.htm]website[/url] for more details!