Is this level too big for Multiplayer?

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Is this level too big for Multiplayer?

Post by Pumo »

I've made a Single-player level for D2X-XL that i've showed it to Diedel (just a little part of the level, in fact).

He says that it would be nice if the level can be made for Entropy (in D2X-XL).

So i have this problem, maybe i can convert it, but i want too know if it's not too big for MP (and more especific, Entropy mode). Here is a screenie:

So, what do you think?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

umyeah

Looks like a great single player tho.

*edit* ...

Hm.. entropy.. THAT might work.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

It's not only quite large (it might work for 8 players, but apart from that), it's also pretty much the wrong layout. At least for anarchy play; CTF may not be so bad depending how you implemented it, and Entropy tends to suit itself to larger levels (preferably those that are designed for it though).
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

I only saw the level in an early stage, where it strongly reminded me of a HL1 TF level. There were even some textures labelled 'virus something', so I thought Pumo was going for an Entropy level. As it is now, it's not suited for MP at all (apart from coop), but it looks like a really cool SP level!

Pumo, hurry up and finish it, me wants to play! (But take your time to polish it. ;))
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

Well, then i will try finish it in the least time possible, even if it's only for SP. I'm not so good designer for MP levels, i'm more in the SP side.

Anyway, thanks for the answers! :D