Olde Sküül

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
burgerbecky
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Olde Sküül

Post by burgerbecky »

You're going down... Again...
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Olde Sküül

Post by Duper »

LOL!

Welcome to the forum Becky! How you gals doin up there?
Grendel, here on the forums might be able to help you out with Dragon Wars... if he has time. He's an engineer in central western Oregon. (he's on page 34 of the member's list)

Cheers!
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Hey, welcome to the forum! Haven't heard much from your group since the Steam releases came out... although I guess I live in a bit of a Descent bubble these days :mrgreen:
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Welcome to the DBB, it's about time. :D But it seems like a good sign.

You guys still working on that update for the steam games?
I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store and I have some more specific questions about features you might put in.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

You might want to remind your fellow Olde Skuul devs that things they say publicly about other Descent projects get around. We're a pretty tight-knit community.
Izchak says: 'slow down. Think clearly.'
April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Hmm. Seems that their domain name has lapsed.
burgerbecky
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by burgerbecky »

Duper wrote:Hmm. Seems that their domain name has lapsed.
Can you say "Oops"? I knew you could!

We fixed the domain name issue, funny what happens when your bank updates your credit card number without telling you, auto-renewals fail!

On Descent, there are things in the works, exciting things, and to nip it in the bud, we are not affiliated with Descendent studios.
burgerbecky
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by burgerbecky »

Alter-Fox wrote:Welcome to the DBB, it's about time. :D But it seems like a good sign.

You guys still working on that update for the steam games?
I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store and I have some more specific questions about features you might put in.
Magic 8-ball says "Yes'.
burgerbecky
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by burgerbecky »

Duper wrote:LOL!

Grendel, here on the forums might be able to help you out with Dragon Wars... if he has time. He's an engineer in central western Oregon. (he's on page 34 of the member's list)

Cheers!
Dragon Wars Remastered is halfway done already. It helped that I wrote the original game and I have a full source code archive to work from. Most of the work was involving updating all my build tools from the Apple IIgs to windows, including the custom assembler used to write the game logic scripts!
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

Welcome to the DBB burgerbecky!

Hope to see some new Descent stuff from Olde Sküül in a near future! :D
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Certainly looking better than Descent for Wii.
I'm sad about that one still because some of my work would have been going in there. :(

On the steam versions of Descent 1 and 2 are you going to be able to toggle between all the different versions of the Redbook soundtracks as well as the midi ones? The Infinite Abyss soundtrack is missing a bunch of the tracks that are actually advertised on the steam store page as being in the game (chiefly the track by Type O Negative, two of Skinny Puppy's songs and the song that plays in the gameplay trailer); I've seen some confusion on the boards there as a result.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

burgerbecky wrote:
Duper wrote:LOL!

Cheers!
Dragon Wars Remastered is halfway done already. It helped that I wrote the original game and I have a full source code archive to work from. Most of the work was involving updating all my build tools from the Apple IIgs to windows, including the custom assembler used to write the game logic scripts!
I noticed that on your FB page you were looking for translators for German. I should have clarified. ;) He's a native that's been living here in the States for some time.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Lothar wrote:You might want to remind your fellow Olde Skuul devs that things they say publicly about other Descent projects get around. We're a pretty tight-knit community.
I don't think that was a snipe, Lothar.

Getting cynical in your "old age" there bro! :lol:
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Duper wrote:
Lothar wrote:You might want to remind your fellow Olde Skuul devs that things they say publicly about other Descent projects get around. We're a pretty tight-knit community.
I don't think that was a snipe, Lothar.

Getting cynical in your "old age" there bro! :lol:
I don't think you know what I'm referencing. Even if you do, you probably don't know of the secondary contexts I'm referencing.

I urge caution when Descent devs talk about other Descent projects, because what you say in one place tends to travel -- possibly without the necessary context -- and can cause confusion or anger in other places.
Izchak says: 'slow down. Think clearly.'
April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.