does anyone remember the space map for descent?

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
tomoyoafter
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

does anyone remember the space map for descent?

Post by tomoyoafter »

i remembering downloading this multiplayer map wayyy back in 1999 on CNET/ZDNET for descent1. i got in and it was complete darkness and i remember firing my lasers and flares and they hit a \"corner\" of the map walls and i could go no further beyond that. but i just flew around shooting finding my way and it was fun enough for me atleast, has anyone ever tried that map? does it still exists somewhere?

EDIT: well it doesn't have to be that particular one, i guess any other space maps will do, i just want to fly the pyro in space like i used to, because descent was, technically with the space map, the first space sim for me

i'm still going through the old shareware list on cnet because if i remember right all the maps back then have shareware status, this is going to take a while, but again i don't mind trying other space maps too if they're still around.

thanks a lot for the help!
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

I think it was called Void.
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

Did it look like this? Just without the outlines. I had the \"outlinem\" code on for a few minutes.

Void was a terrible map. Crappy weapons and there was NO AMMO TO BE FOUND. The only reasonable way to get more ammo was to make your shots count, then get yourself killed.
\"PUT THE BALL INNNNNN!!!!!!\"--What I was screaming on 3/7/09 PD Reunion Monsterball game
Descent 3 Anarchy: \"Just you, your ship, and a whole bunch of weapons to turn your enemies into slag.\"--TopGun
tomoyoafter
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re:

Post by tomoyoafter »

NUMBERZero wrote:Did it look like this? Just without the outlines. I had the "outlinem" code on for a few minutes.

Void was a terrible map. Crappy weapons and there was NO AMMO TO BE FOUND. The only reasonable way to get more ammo was to make your shots count, then get yourself killed.

ah that looks good too! thanks!

the one i played might have been some incomplete map for D1, but i don't know, since back in the old zdnet/cnet you can pretty much upload anything to it might have been a fan map that eventually faded out of existence when cnet start purging out and re-reviewing the old files at around 2002.

oh and by the way, pardon me for asking but you avatar photo looks familiar, is it from an old game? i think i played it before (downloaded a demo from cnet) and it was call "bend" or something...but i'm not sure, would you kindly let me know when you get back? thank you!
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I think he said it was from Hellbender (or something like that).

BTW - Welcome back to the DBB, NZ.