#Descent -efnet

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
Viper007
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

#Descent -efnet

Post by Viper007 »

i know its been years, many many years, but where are my people at.. Aaronb, Scoundrl, Aldar, Pooterman, Lemmings, so many others.

Past 10 years or so i jump into #descent on efnet servers but always see the same 4-5 people there, RMS comes by time to time.

Descent and the people are one of the main reasons why i went from being 16 nubsickle, through an endless path of tech, to ending up as an Oracle DBA for top financial firm. Ya'll know how to teach em <3
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: #Descent -efnet

Post by Xamindar »

Viper007 wrote: Past 10 years or so i jump into #descent on efnet servers but always see the same 4-5 people there, RMS comes by time to time.
I didn't know RMS played Descent. Wow, you learn something new every day.
zapp
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by zapp »

It was a pain, but with enough haranguing RMS could be dragged out of his IRC corner... I may even have ascreen shot to proove it!
alig8r
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re: #Descent -efnet

Post by alig8r »

I've logged into the #descent channel on IRC/efnet from time to time in the last 15 years. It's all a new crowd, but mostly eggdrops running the show. All the people I used to know like Sheridan, _pilot_, et al. are long gone.

Would LOVE to play a game like Descent again when the Oculus Rift comes out in full HD glory.